How Sunset Overdrive Became an Xbox One Exclusive (IGN article inside)

#1Exodus_PrimePosted 5/9/2014 2:17:58 PM
Good day guys/girls?

This is a good read on how this game became an Xbox One exclusive and how Insomniac owns the IP rights. Seems like Titanfall wasn't the only game Sony didn't want on it's console.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/05/09/how-sunset-overdrive-became-an-xbox-one-exclusive
---
"Trolls are the dudebros of Gamefaqs. They just don't realize it." - curtland
Xbox One-PlayStation 4-Xbox 360-PS3-Vita
#2HENTAIDOJIPosted 5/9/2014 2:19:24 PM
I would guess being true next gen helped as well.
---
http://nopybot.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/hentai-demotivational1.jpg
#3HorridhalPosted 5/9/2014 2:22:23 PM
HENTAIDOJI posted...

Actually it entirely revolved around them wanting to own the IP. Sony said no, MS said yes. End of story.
---
I'm not the nicest person you'll meet.
Have a real point please.
#4zerooo0Posted 5/9/2014 2:26:55 PM
Horridhal posted...
HENTAIDOJI posted...

Actually it entirely revolved around them wanting to own the IP. Sony said no, MS said yes. End of story.

---
Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of men who follow and of the man who leads that gains the victory.--General Patton
#5Exodus_Prime(Topic Creator)Posted 5/9/2014 2:29:04 PM
Reading the comments on that article, people are saying that Insomniac sold out did it for the money. I guess devs aren't allowed to make a living?
---
#6SparkItUpPosted 5/9/2014 2:31:33 PM
Horridhal posted...
HENTAIDOJI posted...

^ that's it in a nutshell. I kind of wish Undeadlabs could have gotten as sweet of a deal like Microsoft gave Insomniac.
#7SparkItUpPosted 5/9/2014 2:32:04 PM
Exodus_Prime posted...
Reading the comments on that article, people are saying that Insomniac sold out did it for the money. I guess devs aren't allowed to make a living?

fanboys are saying that...get it right.
#8Exodus_Prime(Topic Creator)Posted 5/9/2014 2:33:26 PM
SparkItUp posted...
Exodus_Prime posted...

fanboys are saying that...get it right.

You sir are correct. I also read that all of a sudden the Ratchet games and Resistance games don't matter, isn't that weird?
---
#9gohoanqPosted 5/9/2014 2:35:37 PM
I know Insomniac owns the IP but considering they had to leave the company they worked with for 20 years.. basically being stabbed in the back(not being given the chance to make the game if they didn't give Sony the rights) I really doubt it'll ever get put onto PS4 at any point, sequel or not. That thought really pisses people off so then we end up with "they sold out" "they did it for the money" etc. fanboys sicken me lol
---
---
"Bad biscuits make the baker broke bro" - Jake the Dog.
#10NCPwnPosted 5/9/2014 2:37:57 PM
I enjoyed the Ratchet games, but the Resistance games were boring. To be honnest SO, will last a long time like Ratchet because of the art direction (like Windwaker). That said, this game looks closer to Ratchet which is a good thing, but the trailer looked more like a demo than a game. It's somethign I can't just put my thumb onto.
---
Top 10 Favorite games of all time (in order):
The Last of Us, NIER, Zelda WW, Secret of Mana, Zelda OoT, Rainbow Moon, DAOC, MAG, Tachyon, Myst