May 15th NPD: Post your Predictions

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. May 15th NPD: Post your Predictions

User Info: Gadoken22

Gadoken22
2 years ago#1
Q: What's NPD?

A: NPD stands for National Product Diary. It's a firm that tracks sales and purchases of product. Many companies uses their results to gauge the success and failure of their approach.

Q: What will these results reveal?

A: How many consoles were sold in NA on a given month.

Q: When do the results usually come out?

A: Second Thursday of every month which would coincide for May 15th.

Q: Are these May's results?

A: Nope, April's.

Q: Does the release of a console in more countries affect this result?

A: No, this is just for NA.

Q: Are you sure? People on this board would say otherwise

A: People on this board also believe in secret sauce, so tread carefully.

Q: I don't believe sales matter and neither does Microsoft.

A: Microsoft said "They would kill Sony." and Phil Spencer said "We're going to win." Not to mention Larry Hryb's "This is a marathon, we'll win." so I'd assume they DO care about sales.

Q: So what do I have to do?

A: Simple, write your prediction and, if you want, the reasoning behind your prediction.

Q: What if I say 'I don't care?

A: It would mean you moved the cursor over to the reply button, clicked and wasted precious seconds of your life typing a reply. Sounds to me like you do care or care enough to waste your time.

My prediction

PS4: 341K
XBO: 220K

PS4's winning streak continues but this is THE most crucial sales month. Yes, I believe it's even more crucial than Titanfall because this is the month when sales stablize. If Xbox, with a dwindling list of exclusives, cannot keep up the sales numbers then I forsee the beginning of a downward spiral until October, which would leave Sony to build a sizable lead with May, June, July, August and September wins.

I could be wrong, though. Discuss~

User Info: Anakerie

Anakerie
2 years ago#2
I predict negative sales. Owners of the Xbox One and the PS4 will all throw their consoles through the windows of their respective manufacturers, and then form a human chain, holding hands and singing "We've Only Just Begun", possibly followed by a tickle fight.
GT: CrampedSultana PSN: Ana Kerie
Pawn: Zarianna. CARPE LAMA GLAMA
(message deleted)

User Info: doodles40

doodles40
2 years ago#4
I predict that I won't give a flying rat's bare behind.
My mind is aglow with whirling, transient nodes of thought, careening through a cosmic vapor of invention.

User Info: vivalabuck92

vivalabuck92
2 years ago#5
I predict that my prediction will be spot on about the sales this month. Too bad it is too much for your human minds to handle.
Gamertag: NeverTooWhite

User Info: dnmt

dnmt
2 years ago#6
Is there any doubt the PS4 will sell more units once again?

User Info: CharadeSmith

CharadeSmith
2 years ago#7
300k PS4
200k XB1
XB1 is the worst console of all time

User Info: lilj812

lilj812
2 years ago#8
I'll be surprised if Xbox one sales 100k, I expect the Xbox one to slow to a creep
"Worlds best heel"
"I really don't understand the irrational hatred a lot of people have for IE. It's not a bad browser." El Pollo Diablo87

User Info: InterzoneMantra

InterzoneMantra
2 years ago#9
i don't really care, i'm just in here for the laughs and the reactions when the numbers come in.

User Info: StrongBlackVine

StrongBlackVine
2 years ago#10
I predict lots of butthurt Xbots in a week.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. May 15th NPD: Post your Predictions

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived