May 15th NPD: Post your Predictions

#1Gadoken22Posted 5/9/2014 2:30:31 PM
Q: What's NPD?

A: NPD stands for National Product Diary. It's a firm that tracks sales and purchases of product. Many companies uses their results to gauge the success and failure of their approach.

Q: What will these results reveal?

A: How many consoles were sold in NA on a given month.

Q: When do the results usually come out?

A: Second Thursday of every month which would coincide for May 15th.

Q: Are these May's results?

A: Nope, April's.

Q: Does the release of a console in more countries affect this result?

A: No, this is just for NA.

Q: Are you sure? People on this board would say otherwise

A: People on this board also believe in secret sauce, so tread carefully.

Q: I don't believe sales matter and neither does Microsoft.

A: Microsoft said "They would kill Sony." and Phil Spencer said "We're going to win." Not to mention Larry Hryb's "This is a marathon, we'll win." so I'd assume they DO care about sales.

Q: So what do I have to do?

A: Simple, write your prediction and, if you want, the reasoning behind your prediction.

Q: What if I say 'I don't care?

A: It would mean you moved the cursor over to the reply button, clicked and wasted precious seconds of your life typing a reply. Sounds to me like you do care or care enough to waste your time.

My prediction

PS4: 341K
XBO: 220K

PS4's winning streak continues but this is THE most crucial sales month. Yes, I believe it's even more crucial than Titanfall because this is the month when sales stablize. If Xbox, with a dwindling list of exclusives, cannot keep up the sales numbers then I forsee the beginning of a downward spiral until October, which would leave Sony to build a sizable lead with May, June, July, August and September wins.

I could be wrong, though. Discuss~
#2AnakeriePosted 5/9/2014 2:34:22 PM
I predict negative sales. Owners of the Xbox One and the PS4 will all throw their consoles through the windows of their respective manufacturers, and then form a human chain, holding hands and singing "We've Only Just Begun", possibly followed by a tickle fight.
---
GT: CrampedSultana PSN: Ana Kerie
Pawn: Zarianna. CARPE LAMA GLAMA
#3GambitbuzzkillPosted 5/9/2014 2:37:04 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#4doodles40Posted 5/9/2014 2:38:57 PM
I predict that I won't give a flying rat's bare behind.
---
My mind is aglow with whirling, transient nodes of thought, careening through a cosmic vapor of invention.
#5vivalabuck92Posted 5/9/2014 2:40:45 PM
I predict that my prediction will be spot on about the sales this month. Too bad it is too much for your human minds to handle.
---
Gamertag: NeverTooWhite
#6dnmtPosted 5/9/2014 3:23:40 PM
Is there any doubt the PS4 will sell more units once again?
#7CharadeSmithPosted 5/9/2014 3:24:43 PM
300k PS4
200k XB1
---
XB1 is the worst console of all time
#8lilj812Posted 5/9/2014 3:26:05 PM
I'll be surprised if Xbox one sales 100k, I expect the Xbox one to slow to a creep
---
"Worlds best heel"
"I really don't understand the irrational hatred a lot of people have for IE. It's not a bad browser." El Pollo Diablo87
#9InterzoneMantraPosted 5/9/2014 3:28:49 PM
i don't really care, i'm just in here for the laughs and the reactions when the numbers come in.
#10StrongBlackVinePosted 5/9/2014 3:33:57 PM
I predict lots of butthurt Xbots in a week.