Sunset Overdrive is currently sub-1080p

#1StrongBlackVinePosted 5/9/2014 2:40:40 PM
http://www.videogamer.com/xboxone/sunset_overdrive/news/sunset_overdrive_is_currently_sub-1080p.html

"Insomniac president and CEO Ted Price played down the importance of hitting 1080p.

"We're still working on optimising and we're going to continue to do that," he told EDGE. "We can get into all the technical stuff later. This is going to be a [question] for every game that comes out. People will be counting pixels. For us, it's about the vision: you saw it, you played it. It's about creating a world."

So currently sub-1080p and suffering from rate issues. This game will NOT be 1080p when it launches. Another Xbox One engineering failure.
#2CharadeSmithPosted 5/9/2014 2:40:57 PM
and 20fps.
---
XB1 is the worst console of all time
#3cheezedadadaPosted 5/9/2014 2:42:41 PM
Yeah, I dont expect it to be 1080p with a perfect framerate either. At the moment, its one of my most anticipated games this year though. I cant wait.
---
XBL- cheezedadada PSN- cheezedadadada
PC, Xbox One, PS4 and everything else.
#4xb1fanPosted 5/9/2014 2:42:57 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#5NCPwnPosted 5/9/2014 2:44:16 PM
I'm torn.

Ratchet games were so great looking and played great.
Resistance games were so terrible and played terrible.

I owned both.

So I find it odd that they can't get 1080 p. I mean Mario Kart 8 got it and they both have similar cool looking graphics.
---
Top 10 Favorite games of all time (in order):
The Last of Us, NIER, Zelda WW, Secret of Mana, Zelda OoT, Rainbow Moon, DAOC, MAG, Tachyon, Myst
#6StrongBlackVine(Topic Creator)Posted 5/9/2014 2:46:47 PM(edited)
cheezedadada posted...
Yeah, I dont expect it to be 1080p with a perfect framerate either. At the moment, its one of my most anticipated games this year though. I cant wait.

I'm not commenting on the quality of the game because that is an unknown at this point.

Also it funny how resolution doesn't matter, but Microsoft proudly talked about Forza 5 being 1080p/60fps. It obviously matters, but they will downplay it as long it is viewed as negative for Xbone.
#7Viet0nePosted 5/9/2014 2:47:27 PM
NCPwn posted...
I'm torn.

I owned both.

So I find it odd that they can't get 1080 p. I mean Mario Kart 8 got it and they both have similar cool looking graphics.

32mb of eSRAM. It's a hardware limitation when using certain rendering techniques. For example, any game using dynamic lighting can't run in 1080p.
---
Currently Playing: FFXIV ARR, FFXHD, Spelunky, Infamous SS
PSN/XBL : VietOne
#8NCPwnPosted 5/9/2014 2:48:18 PM
Viet0ne posted...
NCPwn posted...
I'm torn.

I owned both.

32mb of eSRAM. It's a hardware limitation when using certain rendering techniques. For example, any game using dynamic lighting can't run in 1080p.

So how can Mario Kart 8 do it? on a much more inferior platform.
---
Top 10 Favorite games of all time (in order):
The Last of Us, NIER, Zelda WW, Secret of Mana, Zelda OoT, Rainbow Moon, DAOC, MAG, Tachyon, Myst
#9StrongBlackVine(Topic Creator)Posted 5/9/2014 2:48:50 PM
NCPwn posted...
I'm torn.

I owned both.

Only one Xbone exclusive so far has reached 1080p so far so why would this be surprising?
#10CharadeSmithPosted 5/9/2014 2:49:19 PM
NCPwn posted...
Viet0ne posted...
NCPwn posted...
I'm torn.

I owned both.

So how can Mario Kart 8 do it? on a much more inferior platform.

The same way God of war collection ran at 1080p/60fps on PS3 but God of war 3 and Ascension didn't.
---
XB1 is the worst console of all time