How do I learn how to aim good and fast on a controller?

#1Nightshift1983Posted 5/9/2014 6:43:26 PM
Topic
---
The glass is half empty.
#2BeefEasterPosted 5/9/2014 6:49:24 PM
practice
---
I play with dolls: http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/BeefEaster/003_zps64d8bdd3.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/BeefEaster/001_zps33d21332.jpg
#3Nightshift1983(Topic Creator)Posted 5/9/2014 7:00:49 PM
I want to beable to play against pc mouse ppl. Seen a guy on youtube using a 360 controller and got ranked 1st
---
The glass is half empty.
#4Webmaster4531Posted 5/9/2014 7:02:25 PM
Nightshift1983 posted...
I want to beable to play against pc mouse ppl. Seen a guy on youtube using a 360 controller and got ranked 1st

Fake.
---
Ad Hominem.
#5HorridhalPosted 5/9/2014 7:49:00 PM
BeefEaster posted...
practice

This. Just like getting good at anything else.
---
I'm not the nicest person you'll meet.
Have a real point please.
#6quincy2000aPosted 5/9/2014 9:22:40 PM
Nightshift1983 posted...

Do you have that link? I'm curious.

I play TF on my computer using a 360 controller. I'd like to think that my scores are usually so mediocre because I'm using a controller against keyboard/mouse users.

On my PC, keyboard and mouse for my MMOs, controller for everything else, I say. I just like the feel of it better, especially when the action is fast and furious.

Plus, when I get ticked off, it's easier to throw a controller at the TV than a mouse and keyboard.
---
http://www.thehdstandard.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/720p-vs-1080p.png
And, yes, I visit Eurogamer's Digital Foundry for X1/PS4 comparisons.
#7kakarot-uchihaPosted 5/9/2014 9:22:42 PM
borderlands 2. make crits your focus and for all the non-crazy bullets, it has some of the best bullet/gun behavior to ai i've ever seen, like farcry2, better feeling guns than socom or cod. yup practice but what you practice with matters. bf3 has some of the worst gun-bullet behavior i've ever seen buuuuut for just straight controller reflexes, i'm gonna get flamed but i had both, its objective, mythbusted, borrow a ps3 and bf3 and just do tdmcq noshair canals 500 pt games all day long. simply the sickest most flatout intense shooting you could find if a lot of the same people are on, which is not that unlikely with the bf4 bugs.

i know what people are saying and thinking but i had bf3 on both for a few months and when bf3 got free on plus, the player base like doubled over night and the next few months were just sick. the servers doing mainly canals and sometimes firestorm was some of the best shooting and player level i've seen and i guarantee you its kung fu for your reflexes and you'll be quite comfortable with a controller. it's certainly not a knock against all of 360 bf3 conquest and everything, i just mean that that one niche was a level above anything from the rest of bf3, mw2, bops2, zombies, doom3, anything in recent memory and i thank everyone who was there.

and really in borderlands 2, if you take non crazy guns, there are some that are extremely lifelike in their feel and their spread, but when you can be underleveled and consistently crit stalkers... you'll be fine. i'll put it in writing. if you can regularly crit stalkers and threshers without the awesome guns, which is stupid btw, you can go in any shooter out and never be in the bottom half of any match. guaranteed.

also, i'm only assuming here, but seeing as how there are mouse and keyboards for ps3/ 360 aren't there any for xbox one/ps4?

oh and NNNEEVVVEERRRR underestimate what it takes for some racing.hyper-sensitive extremely fine subtle adjustments. 360- SHIFT, SHIFT 2. ps3 gran turismo, just try the vw bus top gear one HA! let alone the crazy hard ones.
#8Pixx0Posted 5/10/2014 6:45:05 AM
Nightshift1983 posted...

Played Hawken and ranked 1st once, using a pad. Doesn't mean I'm good. Others were probably terrible.
That's your only chance: find bad, horrible, unskilled players and use your pad. Else, you better bring the lube.
---
You are ignoring XXX message(s) from users on this page. Manage your list here.
#9ExisT3nTiaLPosted 5/10/2014 6:47:08 AM
Up the movement speeds to the max on both axis and get better with them.
---
I wish I had some whiskey and a gun my dear...
GAMERTAG: EXisT3nTiaL
#10vivalabuck92Posted 5/10/2014 6:52:33 AM
Whenever you die in a video game, throw the controller at the wall, run and get a glass of OJ, drink it and do twenty pushups, then grab the controller and try again. Rinse and repeat until improvement is noticeable.
---
Gamertag: NeverTooWhite