Any chance at all for Microsoft to do well in Japan this time around?

#1Megamushroom666Posted 5/9/2014 5:59:59 PM
"No, the Japanese market is a culturally biased market. They donít buy a lot of Chevrolets and Pontiacs either. They donít even buy a lot of Volkswagens. I mean, the rich people will buy Mercedes and Porsches, but they culturally favor their own products, and I honestly donít blame them, we Americans are the same, we have this pride in American brands, and so I think Microsoft has trouble there.

You see it sometimes, but thereís something about Japanese games and tastes, like The Wonderful 101, itís just completely different. I would say everything Nintendo makes- I mean, no one has ever made a game that competes with Nintendo, and, you know, Iím not a big Smash Bros. guy, but you canít look at Smash Bros. and say it competes with Mortal Kombat. Itís just so different, like everything Nintendo does. Thereís just something about Japanese games, that western developers and publishers and manufacturers have never been able to crack, and I think thatís a large part of the reason why the Xbox has never been successful in Japan, and why it will continue to struggle."

http://gamingbolt.com/an-interview-with-michael-pachter-ps-now-e3-announcements-xbox-one-cloud-and-more#MfRKeFWU6s6HyZ8C.99

Very interesting opinions. Do you think the X1 will do well in Japan?
---
Girl gets gangsta with a shovel: youtu.be/xi-WLSEUV4U
www.SNACKEROO.com - Snacks on camera.
#2aj4x94Posted 5/9/2014 6:02:07 PM
Not a chance in Seven Hells.

History will repeat itself again.
---
Playing: Skyrim, Half Life 2, Dark Souls 1&2, Lords of Shadow, Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD, GTA V.
PSN: T-Snake94, XBL: T-Snake 94, Steam ID: T_Snake94
#3Webmaster4531Posted 5/9/2014 6:03:45 PM
No.
---
Ad Hominem.
#4Laylow12Posted 5/9/2014 6:06:14 PM
No way.

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#5pobbesPosted 5/9/2014 6:06:25 PM
no
#6MachineZedPosted 5/9/2014 6:13:09 PM
How old is that article? Pontiac's haven't been made in a few years.

How is the PS4 doing in Japan? How well is Apple doing in Japan?
#7stalemate_666Posted 5/9/2014 6:13:25 PM
No, they did make ground when they were actually trying on 360 though, with blue dragon and lost odyessy but they just didn't try hard enough and at the end of the day it probably wouldn't be worth trying hard enough at this point.

All that said the article writers reasoning is pure ignorance.
---
psn: Stalemate666
#8pobbesPosted 5/9/2014 6:19:22 PM
MachineZed posted...
How old is that article? Pontiac's haven't been made in a few years.

How is the PS4 doing in Japan? How well is Apple doing in Japan?

posted may 5, 2014.
#9Shinobi120Posted 5/9/2014 6:28:57 PM
LOL. You're dreaming.
#10Megamushroom666(Topic Creator)Posted 5/9/2014 6:29:47 PM
stalemate_666 posted...
No, they did make ground when they were actually trying on 360 though, with blue dragon and lost odyessy but they just didn't try hard enough and at the end of the day it probably wouldn't be worth trying hard enough at this point.

All that said the article writers reasoning is pure ignorance.

That was everyone's favorite analyst, Pachter.
---
Girl gets gangsta with a shovel: youtu.be/xi-WLSEUV4U
www.SNACKEROO.com - Snacks on camera.