Your INSTA-NOPE games.

#101Holy_OblivionPosted 5/10/2014 9:20:43 AM
DarkReign2022 posted...
Every JRPG ever made with the exception of Pokemon and the recent South Park game. Just something about ambling around slowly in a large open world only to be forced into a thousand unavoidable battles that are equally slow and annoying because everybody takes turns attacking each other instead of using realistic combat tactics (I recently tried playing Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon and they were both excruciatingly painful to play. I only got a couple hours in on Blue Dragon and about 20 minutes on Lost Odyssey.)

Dark Souls II- I don't know if I missed something, but immediately after meeting the old women in the first area, I got lost. I had no idea where to go. To make matters worse, I accidentally swung and hit the maid as well, so every time I went near there she would try to kill me. I learned the hard way in DS1 that you don't kill NPCs...

That's really about it actually. I usually stick through most games until I'm a good way through and the few bad games I did give up on (like CoD4 and Dragon Age: Origins) I've gone back to later on down the road and given a second chance. DS2 and JRPGs as a whole are my only exception to the rule it seems.

Uhh you do know there's a slew of RPGs that don't have random encounters right...?
---
3ds FC: 3952 7015 0446
http://www.youtube.com/user/BaoZakeruga?show_guided_help=1
#102BigBOO2UPosted 5/10/2014 9:22:26 AM
iSkadoosh posted...
Dark souls. After an hour of playing I was bored out of mind and left wondering why people rave over such a dull, bland game. It's kind of ironic though, that a game about collecting souls could be so soulless.

Go back to your Call of Duty / Black Ops / Halo little world please.
---
Duck Dynasty - The epicenter of ignorance and hate in America. And bad grooming habits.
#103UsabellPosted 5/10/2014 9:30:32 AM(edited)
Final Fantasy VII
Donkey Kong 64
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Super Mario Sunshine
Wave Race: Blue Storm
Crash Nitro Kart
Mario Strikers: Charged
ModNation Racers
Final Fantasy XIII-3
Rayman Legends
Diablo 3
LittleBig Planet
Any GTA game so far
Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance (GC port, after playing and loving the PS2 version)
Almost anything on PS3 (because of lack of polish and/or frame rate)
All war-themed FPS games
All "Lord of the Rings"-themed games so far
Lots of movie-themed games in general

Also, basically any modern somehow action-involved game that has problems with maintaining a stable 60 FPS is a contender, but if a game is really good in atmosphere, music, gameplay and other aspects like Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch it is salvageable :)
---
Consoles shouldn't be about 480p, 720p, 1080p or the prettiest slideshow.
They are about a magical box that outputs wonderful streams of 60 images per second.
#104adriane23Posted 5/10/2014 9:27:19 AM
Oblivion
Need For Speed: SHIFT 2 Unleashed
#105btmudd28Posted 5/10/2014 9:36:24 AM
Prototype.

I was totally on board from the time it was announced. Then I played inFamous, which set the bar incredibly high for a superhuman open-world game, and I realized early on that Prototype failed to meet that standard. Traded it in after a couple of hours with it.
---
R.I.P. Dante Sparda (2001-2010)
#106nickr2d2Posted 5/10/2014 9:36:27 AM
Kirby's Epic Yarn.
---
"You're using the wrong words to express your still incorrect thoughts" -Foxx3k
#107BryanPS360Posted 5/10/2014 9:40:52 AM
BigBOO2U posted...
iSkadoosh posted...
Dark souls. After an hour of playing I was bored out of mind and left wondering why people rave over such a dull, bland game. It's kind of ironic though, that a game about collecting souls could be so soulless.

Go back to your Call of Duty / Black Ops / Halo little world please.

"He doesn't like a game that I like. He must only play first person shooters. I'm right"
---
XBGT:RedHawkDirewolf PSN and NNID: RedHawk_Direwolf
#108Robin_MaskPosted 5/10/2014 9:43:25 AM
BigBOO2U posted...
ssjgohhku posted...
Uncharted
God of War
Killzone
Gran Turismo
LittleBigPlanet
Sly Cooper
The Last of Us
Ratchet&Clank
Infamous

Troll confirmation.

Even though I despise the entire line-up but love God of War, seriously, those games work well and are fun to play at least.

DahlVaughnni posted...
karlsolsom posted...
Final Fantasy XIII. It's the first game in the main series that I could not finish, and I only invested 2 hours in the game. The fact that it spawned TWO sequels boggles my mind.

Does it? It's the third best-selling Final Fantasy in existence, behind only 10 and 7.

Even though the fans want a FFVII remake, along with SE just hiding Versus XII, oh wait, FFXV and delaying it up the ass.

The reason XIII sold a lot is because it got a lot of hype and there really haven't been that many FF games. But a big spam of KH games.
---
Please help support this great game! http://www.wayforward.com/shantae-half-genie-hero
#109TrueGBPosted 5/10/2014 9:54:25 AM
This only happens to me with buggy games. For example, the Last Remnant: start, play, freeze, restart, play for a minute, freeze, restart, freeze at title screen...f**k this s**t!
---
Future Billionaire
#110AirTeasePosted 5/10/2014 9:59:48 AM
Two Worlds.