Wolfenstein in 1080p/30fps?

#11Engineer-sama(Topic Creator)Posted 5/10/2014 5:54:25 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#12Engineer-sama(Topic Creator)Posted 5/10/2014 5:54:59 AM
So itCharadeSmith posted...
Engineer-sama posted...
I mean if the game was exclusive to ps4 (lol) would I be seeing KZ level graphics since they wouldn't have to compensate for the other systems?

Pretty much.

So it's safe to assume thats why devs cant properly utilize the full processing power of the ps4.
What good is having a system that can run with good graphics at 1080p/60fps when another system that is 50% less powerful does the same thing with same graphics?
#13CharadeSmithPosted 5/10/2014 6:01:15 AM
Engineer-sama posted...
Engineer-sama posted...
I mean if the game was exclusive to ps4 (lol) would I be seeing KZ level graphics since they wouldn't have to compensate for the other systems?

Pretty much.

So it's safe to assume thats why devs cant properly utilize the full processing power of the ps4.
What good is having a system that can run with good graphics at 1080p/60fps when another system that is 50% less powerful does the same thing with same graphics?

No.. those who know better just focus on developing for the PS4. Like MGS5 and Watch Dogs. And, needless to say, ps4 exclusives.
---
XB1 is the worst console of all time
#14schmarkenheimerPosted 5/10/2014 6:26:32 AM
Mindwipe77 posted...
thats cause Beth are devs that actually know what they are doing

It's hardly pushing boundaries. Not like you're putting Crysis 3 maxed out 1080/60 on them.

Engineer-sama posted...
Engineer-sama posted...

Pretty much.

Not how % works. System x being 1.5x more powerful than system y = 3/2, system y would be 2/3 the power of system x. If system x was 0.5x the power of system y, that would mean y is 2x more powerful.
---
Post of the ****ing year. - crimsyn_76 Best. Example. Ever. - Veliconis
Epic. - Xade76 Want to run that by us in English instead of Derp, champ? - pies12
#15chex81Posted 5/10/2014 6:31:41 AM
I can't wait for this game, and the doom beta!! First game I've preorder in over 5 years lol
---
XB1/WiiU: chex81
soundcloud.com/purple_i
#16ExisT3nTiaLPosted 5/10/2014 6:42:03 AM(edited)
Was this game even focused and developed with next gen in mind initially? Pretty much like most games out thus far minus a few. Moot points.
---
I wish I had some whiskey and a gun my dear...
GAMERTAG: EXisT3nTiaL
#17DojoMaxPosted 5/10/2014 7:48:13 AM
I like these obvious troll topics that try not to be troll topics.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVN_Ytl_bgA -- Titanfall is better on 360 than XBone.
PSN/XBL/Steam/Origin:DojoMax
#18ExempliGratiaPosted 5/10/2014 7:49:52 AM
CharadeSmith posted...
Engineer-sama posted...
Jedi454 posted...
http://au.ign.com/articles/2014/02/27/wolfenstein-the-new-order-is-1080p-60fps-on-xbox-one-and-ps4

Nice try kid.

I wasn't trying to start anything anyway, dude. I was sincerely asking why the ps4 version doesn't look as good as other ps4 games.

Parity. The burden of having a weaker competitor in need of "keeping up".

Opinions are not facts.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag :ShottaSteveUrkel PSN: Hollaatmyfoot PSNvita: ExempliaGratia
#19krillin4553Posted 5/10/2014 8:20:46 AM
I like how TC talked about how he's not trying to start anything.

Then every subsequent post of his.

Whatev's.

Everyone's talking about how superior PS4 is to Xbone. They both can't perform well. I think when people realize it, that'll be nice. Look how badly the PC ports run on PS4. I.E. Blacklight, Warframe, and FFXIV. PS4 is more powerful than Xbox One but by no means is it's power respectable. If you buy a console any more, it's to play exclusive games. Graphics are irrelevant on them both. Which I own all of them. My PC plays everything vastly better than my consoles. Yet I still play on my Xbone the most because I enjoy the games, the controller, the simple UI, and media features. PS4 is the same deal, save for it's really only for exclusive games. The UI is cluttered, the apps don't work as well as Xbox, and my error log since the last update is extensive, party chat constantly breaks as well as the Crackle and Netflix apps. I was looking forward to remote play on my Vita but it was quite a disappointment. My Wii U does streaming to the gamepad better than the PS4 can stream to the Vita. Yet it's going to get amazing exclusives and the indie selection is so much better than Xbox, it's a gaming machine and that's it.

I don't know. If you're that worried about graphics. Build a PC. Not only is it a good investment, you can have so much fun putting it together. I love my PC but I also enjoy console gaming. You have experiences you can't replicate on PC that you can on consoles and vice versa. 4-player Octodad, the reason I pretty much got my PS4, such a great experience. Conversely FFXIV on PS4, the controls work perfect for leveling but go into a dungeon and the experience falls to pieces without a KB/M, thankfully, you can still use it but it's just not the smooth experience you can have on PC which really diminishes the experience. Having the Kinect on Xbone is actually pretty awesome, granted, I barely if ever use motion controls but the voice controls are great. I move my Xbone to the TV up and downstairs constantly so sometimes I won't pack the Kinect then find how I much I miss it.

tl;dr Buy a console or two or three and/or a PC and enjoy it. You're gonna have a good time no matter what you get. You can't go wrong with anything nowadays.
---
XBL/PSN/NinID: DocDrazen. Proud owner of all current/next Gen systems/custom build PC. What console war? XD
#20snakes_codecPosted 5/10/2014 8:25:29 AM
Wolfenstein is yet another last gen port with higher res textures on next gen and PC cant really be held up as proof of the power of next gen tbh.