Will they make Kinect optional?

#1epictetus1216Posted 5/10/2014 9:39:42 AM
I'm wondering if they announce this at E3. Some industry experts suggest they do this to compete with the PS4. Can you see it, or do you think MS is going to stick it out?
#2Adethompson7Posted 5/10/2014 10:31:55 AM
They should stick it out. The only like way developers will bother making an effort to use it is if it's universal.

No point spending time a small money developing features for games that only a minority of gamers would be able to use (like the last kinect)
---
Chris
#3Blood_ViolencePosted 5/10/2014 11:13:06 AM
Developers are making as much use of the Kinect as they are with the Wii U's Gamepad.

Unless it's a dancing game.

Of course a new SKU is going to be revealed at E3 removing the device and dropping the Xbox One price to at least $400. If not even less.
#4scoobydoobydontPosted 5/10/2014 11:16:51 AM
Very, very unlikely. Fall 2015 is the earliest I see them even attempting Kinect-less bundles. It would be very short-sighted to pull the rug out from Kinect this soon regardless of prevailing internet (trolling) opinion.
---
http://i.imgur.com/MBPlg7Z.jpg
#5nb003_99Posted 5/10/2014 11:20:56 AM
Who knows.
Ms said its integral to the system,
So support should be forthcoming.
I hope kinect less is coming, but not betting on it.
---
"DRM aside, all of Microsofts moves have been as intended."
- Hentaidoji
#6sammogardPosted 5/10/2014 11:27:24 AM
kinect is awesome the voice commands have been beyond its worth.
#7Apex-PlayerPosted 5/10/2014 11:29:59 AM
I think they'll drop it.

If they drop Kinect, they've given up on it for the most part.
If they keep it, they may as well give up on the console.

The gap widens every month, if they can't close the gap between xboxone and ps4 they need to at least try to stop it from growing.

They tried bundling the console with their most hyped game and a year of live for 449.99 and still lost the month to Sony.
They are running out of options, it is necessary at this point to cut Kinect.

If they decide to try 399.99 well keeping Kinect they will be losing money, if that fails to slow the gap they will regret not cutting it sooner & who knows what will be decided after that because it certainly won't look good to investors who watched it sell at a loss and fail. (unless 399.99 with Kinect works that is)
---
PSN/ Comfort_Cat
#8XtremeWRATH360Posted 5/10/2014 11:35:18 AM
Look at it this way, if they want more consumers to have an XB1 they will offer a Kinectless sku, if they don't want more people to own the system they will leave it in and continue forcing it.
---
Juan is........NUMBER 1!
XtremeWRATH-Gamertag
#9nb003_99Posted 5/10/2014 11:43:52 AM
Adethompson7 posted...
They should stick it out. The only like way developers will bother making an effort to use it is if it's universal.

No point spending time a small money developing features for games that only a minority of gamers would be able to use (like the last kinect)

The devs already said no.
Sunset
---
"DRM aside, all of Microsofts moves have been as intended."
- Hentaidoji
#10TauriLeaderPosted 5/10/2014 11:44:38 AM
Not expecting a price cut but might remove Kinect but keep the price the same.

They just announced a temporary slow down of production so retailers can sell through there current stock. They would not have done this if they were planning on lowering the price in the next month.

Also it is selling more than the 360 in the first six months of its life so they don't need to cut the price.
---
Due to recent economic conditions, and the rising cost of Electricity, Gas and Oil, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.