How has your opinion of the X1 changed since last year?

#21InjusticeRebornPosted 5/12/2014 10:41:26 AM
When first revealed, I was negative. Then after a few reversals and nearer release I was positive. Now I'm neutral.
---
"I love my PS4 but Sony could kick the fan-boys in the throat and they would call it a neck-massage." - a PS4 gamer
#22cheezedadadaPosted 5/12/2014 10:54:10 AM(edited)
145 votes and 21 replies. These threads should not be anonymous polls, but rather left open for discussion. Those numbers mean nothing because of that reason.

I was always positive because I was excited to play new games and I am happy with my purchase, so I chose "still positive". If they want an even more positive out of me, make some good E3 announcements and continue firing off smaller titles like the upcoming Super Time Force.
---
XBL- cheezedadada PSN- cheezedadadada
PC, Xbox One, PS4 and everything else.
#23CharadeSmithPosted 5/12/2014 10:57:10 AM
more negative because after all these months still no good exclusives other than DR3. and the constant stream of inferior multiplats.
---
Master! We are in a tight spot!
#24KenauePosted 5/12/2014 11:13:15 AM
When they announced it and then it was confirmed the require an Internet connection, I said WTF is this crap. Then when e3 came and they announced it would be $500, I laughed. Then the next month went buy and Don was still "well you can buy a 360."

Long story short, I hated the device they presented. Not because of the device, but because all the hoops they wanted just to play a game.

My outlook on it now is largely positive thanks to the removal of the online requirement and a good list of upcoming titles.
---
Now Playing: Bound By Flame Next up: Watch Dogs; Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus
PSN: Lord_CBH / NNID: Kenaue / GT: LordCBH
#25MRL3G3NDPosted 5/12/2014 11:20:04 AM
My deciding factor in going with xbox again this gen was because of how superior xbox live has been

to my dismay...the dashboard and xboxlive is far worse then when xbox live first launched

they have us waiting for months to receive functionality we've been enjoying since Xbox one...

several other features are missing (custom soundtrack) and MS is moving at a snails pace at restoring the xb1 to lives basic state...lol they call this adding missing features "updates"...smh

So yeah...six months in and we still have a beta machine...and theres no pep in the step to correct this... I don't even think they think this is an issue!

My first outlook on it was...they got a lot of work to do...and barely anything has changed in a half a year so yeah I'm feling a little bit more negative than last year
---
WU-TANG vs BF4
http://youtu.be/TVmvMvJ67zo
#26PorungaPosted 5/12/2014 11:28:41 AM
Opinion has not changed. Nothing significant has happened, good or bad, to change my opinion.
#27aj4x94Posted 5/12/2014 11:32:26 AM
Not really. It still costs too much, comes with the damn spy cam, AND it runs multiplats worse than the competition(and the 360 blew the PS3 out of the water in terms of multiplats last gen).

Besides 2-3 games, the Xbone has nothing going for it at the moment. 360 is still better, due to party chat, voice messaging, achievements, controller, and HBO Go.

I liked my 360, but there's no denying Microsoft done goofed with the Xbox One.
---
Playing: Skyrim, Half Life 2, Dark Souls 1&2, Lords of Shadow, Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD, GTA V.
PSN: T-Snake94, XBL: T-Snake 94, Steam ID: T_Snake94
#28The_DeskPosted 5/12/2014 12:27:53 PM
Forced Kinect, paywalls, lack of interesting exclusives IMO and MS still sticking with the same long term goal hasn't changed it at all.
#29blunderminePosted 5/12/2014 12:40:05 PM
A year ago my view of both the PS4 and XB1 was that it would be a long time till there would be games I would want to play on them. That still holds true for both consoles.
#30youngskillzPosted 5/12/2014 12:41:16 PM
ask in a few more years, i think most people will have one by then if not sooner.

i'm just waiting on more/better games.
---
Metal Bands OTM -- Arch Enemy, Aborted, Eye of the Enemy, The Wake, Exhortation, Deals Death, Mechanical God Creation, Fractal Gates, Destinity, Isolated.