How do you feel about this: Gameplay > Music > Graphics > Story

#1brawl__08Posted 5/10/2014 4:51:48 PM
How does the Xbox One board feel about this opinion? - Results (65 votes)
Completely agree.
10.77% (7 votes)
Mostly agree.
9.23% (6 votes)
Eh, 50/50.
23.08% (15 votes)
Mostly disagree.
27.69% (18 votes)
Completely disagree.
29.23% (19 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Graphics here encompasses art style and general pleasing aesthetics, not necessarily just poly count and an extreme amount of details. In some cases, it could go Gameplay > Music > Story > Graphics for games that rely more on characters (such as perhaps some adventure game or maybe RPGs) but otherwise assume the thread title is referring to the average game.

Iím trying to get an understanding on how each board thinks to see if any interesting results come about from the proposed opinion, such as what similarities or differences there are between this community and another. So, go ahead and post your thoughts.
---
http://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/Brawl08.gif
#2HorridhalPosted 5/10/2014 4:53:03 PM
Switch music with story.
---
I'm not the nicest person you'll meet.
Have a real point please.
#3Cowboy082288Posted 5/10/2014 4:55:03 PM
Graphics are to inner related to the gameplay to separate them. Imagine playing GTAV with no textures just wire frames. It would be a mess of a game.
#4brawl__08(Topic Creator)Posted 5/10/2014 4:59:04 PM
Cowboy082288 posted...
Graphics are to inner related to the gameplay to separate them. Imagine playing GTAV with no textures just wire frames. It would be a mess of a game.

Visuals are important to that stretch, no doubt, but I was going for something like the overall experience.

I feel as though it should be assumed that the standard expected for each criteria is met except for special exceptions.
---
http://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/Brawl08.gif
#5IzraeilPosted 5/10/2014 5:15:17 PM
Graphics are the most important, it's the first thing you see, if the aesthetics don't appeal to you may not even try it.
#6PorungaPosted 5/10/2014 5:18:07 PM
Horridhal posted...
Switch music with story.

Agreed. Music is the absolute least important thing.

Gameplay > Story > Graphics >>>> Music
#7SepticFleshPosted 5/10/2014 5:21:10 PM
Graphics for me are probably the least important.

I started playing video games when my parents bought my brother and me an Atari 2600. I still enjoy playing some of those games. I also enjoy playing games on the NES, Genesis, and so on. Someone I knew had a 3DO and Atari Jaguar. The graphics for the games on those two consoles were better than the graphics on the SNES or Genesis but the games were terrible. I had no interest in playing those games.

For me, I can play a game with subpar graphics but the remaining three are pretty good or amazing. If a game has amazing graphics, perhaps the "best graphics", but terrible gameplay, story, or music I might play for a little while but eventually will get bored.
---
Eternity shall be spent like this. Beneath silent faces my corpse weeps quietly.
#8DarthUchiha91Posted 5/10/2014 5:32:48 PM
Horridhal posted...
Switch music with story.

This.
---
Why is it that the 'City of Angels' is so Hell-bent on destroying its female population?
#9Homie_202Posted 5/10/2014 10:26:38 PM
Horridhal posted...
Switch music with story.
#10bLiNdSnIpErZ20Posted 5/10/2014 10:36:05 PM
Horridhal posted...
Switch music with story.

Then switch music with graphics
---
Don't Blink. Blink and you're dead. Don't turn your back. Don't look away. And don't Blink. Good Luck.