Is the XB1 hardware future proof? How will the specs look say 3 years from now?

#1BBQMooseheadPosted 5/10/2014 8:56:02 PM
Is the XB1 guts inside going to age well as the gen goes on? I dont want to see MS putting in DDR5 and a better CPU in 2015 and screw everyone else over. I just have my worries because if people think the XB1 hardware is already weak, it will look severely dated very soon.
#2CrownedOne03Posted 5/10/2014 8:58:17 PM
Specs should look the same, like specs.
#3PorungaPosted 5/10/2014 9:00:06 PM
The same with every generation before, with any standardized hardware platform it will become obsolete (compared to bleeding edge PC tech) over time. But, that has never stopped them before, it won't stop them now. They will have new tools and techniques to help optimize and get the very most out of the hardware. We have nothing to worry about, on any system.
#4StrongBlackVinePosted 5/10/2014 9:02:08 PM
Xbone games already don't run at 1080p so what do expect happen in the future?

Neither console will be able to keep up, but Xbone is a joke compared to the previous Microsoft consoles. Thank Kinect.
#5AwayFromHerePosted 5/10/2014 9:05:34 PM
Optimization will happen, eventually. Things always look and play better after a few years, but it's simply not possible to predict it.
---
You are hallucinating. Seek help immediately.
#6LooksLikeRainPosted 5/10/2014 9:06:45 PM
No hardware is future proof.
---
For the love of god, stop saying 'whilst.'
#7xHughJasxPosted 5/10/2014 9:16:42 PM
It's plenty strong at 8 gigs ram, 8 cores, and a good video card. The poster who mentioned games not reaching 1080 is very I'll informed. Games, just like any generation, will improve over time. Xbox one has many 1080p games and that number will only increase as time goes on. It, like the ps4, is very powerful. More powerful than most computers people can buy for 500 dollars.

This is all fact by the way, if you deny that let me know and I'll get proof for you.
---
If there wasn't people who blindly defended themselves when proven full of s*** time and again, there'd be no religious people.Or republicans. -jowephocks
#8xHughJasxPosted 5/10/2014 9:19:14 PM
StrongBlackVine posted...

Neither console will be able to keep up, but Xbone is a joke compared to the previous Microsoft consoles. Thank Kinect.

You are aware that the Xbox one has 16 times the amount of ram, a video card many many many times better than the 360s and a much much better cpu. And just look at some of the good looking games we got towards the end of last generations games. The future is very bright right now
---
If there wasn't people who blindly defended themselves when proven full of s*** time and again, there'd be no religious people.Or republicans. -jowephocks
#9StrongBlackVinePosted 5/10/2014 9:20:41 PM
AwayFromHere posted...
Optimization will happen, eventually. Things always look and play better after a few years, but it's simply not possible to predict it.

Things will improve, but txHughJasx posted...
It's plenty strong at 8 gigs ram, 8 cores, and a good video card. The poster who mentioned games not reaching 1080 is very I'll informed. Games, just like any generation, will improve over time. Xbox one has many 1080p games and that number will only increase as time goes on. It, like the ps4, is very powerful. More powerful than most computers people can buy for 500 dollars.

This is all fact by the way, if you deny that let me know and I'll get proof for you.

Misinformed, no. Tomb Raider is the only non-sports or non-indie game running at 1080p on Xbox One and even that game dips to 900p. Whereas only one game on PS4 runs at less than 1080p and that is BF4 which still hits 900p.
#10LooksLikeRainPosted 5/10/2014 9:29:24 PM
StrongBlackVine posted...

This post is a joke.

Hopefully.
---
For the love of god, stop saying 'whilst.'