Is the XB1 hardware future proof? How will the specs look say 3 years from now?

#41youngskillzPosted 5/12/2014 4:50:07 AM
Cowboy082288 posted...
No such thing as 'future proof' with computer tech.

Also, frankly this gen of consoles is pretty weak. The PS4 and X1 are already severely outclassed by high end PCs. This wasn't the case when new consoles came out in the past, they used to actually compare well to higher end PCs when they would first launch.

take a look at project cars, the ps4 screens look real nice, sure it's not pc ultra settings, but to say it's far behind the pc screens is a lie.

this gen alot of console games will run medium to high pc settings, which is good enough for most people who spent 500 bucks or less.
---
Metal Bands OTM -- Arch Enemy, Aborted, Eye of the Enemy, The Wake, Exhortation, Deals Death, Mechanical God Creation, Fractal Gates, Destinity, Isolated.
#42garcia_jxPosted 5/12/2014 6:30:32 PM
dnmt posted...
garcia_jx posted...
dnmt posted...
singhellotaku posted...
its somewhat out of date NOW

It's completely out of date. The GPU is entry-level and the eSRAM acts as a huge bottleneck making higher resolutions extremely hard to reach.

What's the point of the esram?

Supposed to make up for the DRR3's relatively slow speed but makes 1080p near impossible in the process. Here's a shoddy MSPaint to illustrate the difference between it and the PS4's GDDR5:

http://www.spawnfirst.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/esRamforkids1.jpg

This is actually a good visual
#43MrImpatient35Posted 5/12/2014 7:16:24 PM
I don't understand why SO MANY PEOPLE seem to think that the games will essentially never look any better than they do now. They game developers wont develop new techniques and new tools to do more with the given hardware. That DX12 and/or cloud wont do anything at all to improve games or development.

For example, a game like Rage would've been IMPLAUSIBLE at the beginning of X360's generation, but it happened at the end. And I think devs are already starting to figure out the eSRAM. Crytek spilled the beans on how they got Ryse to look so damn good recently.
---
FML
#44garcia_jxPosted 5/13/2014 12:51:14 PM
MrImpatient35 posted...
I don't understand why SO MANY PEOPLE seem to think that the games will essentially never look any better than they do now. They game developers wont develop new techniques and new tools to do more with the given hardware. That DX12 and/or cloud wont do anything at all to improve games or development.

For example, a game like Rage would've been IMPLAUSIBLE at the beginning of X360's generation, but it happened at the end. And I think devs are already starting to figure out the eSRAM. Crytek spilled the beans on how they got Ryse to look so damn good recently.

How?
#45my_name_is_EdPosted 5/13/2014 1:12:39 PM
If you're worried about hardware, stop wasting money on a console.
---
http://puu.sh/7uzXq.jpg
Our dearest SBAllen. "Admin by day. Sailor Scout by night."
#46Samman123Posted 5/15/2014 12:20:20 PM
my_name_is_Ed posted...
If you're worried about hardware, stop wasting money on a console.

If you're about money, stop wasting money on a PC.
---
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m695gfTxCZ1r06evx.gif