Why do people act like only Xbox gamers play shooters?

#31CharadeSmithPosted 5/11/2014 5:27:29 AM
Grey_Fox4 posted...
CharadeSmith posted...
Grey_Fox4 posted...
CharadeSmith posted...
lol what
nice job pulling the 6 shooters out of your behind

I own MGS4, Uncharted 2 and Resistance all of which have guns you are able to shoot, that's 3. Based on knowing you shoot guns in Uncharted 2 I am presuming (perhaps incorrectly) that you can shoot in Uncharted 1 and 3, that takes the total to 5. I haven't played the Last of Us but I know there are guns in it so I presumed that you can shoot them, that's 6.

So either you didn't play any of the games you listed (stupid) or you played them and didn't realize there were guns in 6 of them (even stupider). Or you can't count to 6.

LOL...

xbox logic ^^

MGS4, TLOU and Uncharted are not shooters. Specially the first 2

6 of the 10 games you listed involve guns, 5 of which I know guns are the main emphasis. You come back at me with moronic statements like "lol" "Xbox logic" and "they aren't shooters". Don't lump me with people like yourself. I own PS4 and Xbox One, just as I owned 360 and PS4 my opinions aren't formed based on being restricted to buying one and falsely trying to feel superior.

MGS4 takes place in the middle of a warzone. Are CoD and Battlefield not shooters either? Even on a Big Boss run the game lets you wear a disguise and fight side by side with the rebels.

Uncharted is basically Gears with on the rails platforming. The jumps all feel scripted it needs the shooting aspect.

I haven't played TLOU but I may pick up the PS4 version.

Grasping at straws.
They're not shooters, pure and simple. I've won the thread with that other post and you're just embarrasing yourself now.
---
Master! We are in a tight spot!
#32Grey_Fox4Posted 5/11/2014 5:39:13 AM
CharadeSmith posted...
Grey_Fox4 posted...
CharadeSmith posted...
Grey_Fox4 posted...
CharadeSmith posted...
lol what
nice job pulling the 6 shooters out of your behind

I own MGS4, Uncharted 2 and Resistance all of which have guns you are able to shoot, that's 3. Based on knowing you shoot guns in Uncharted 2 I am presuming (perhaps incorrectly) that you can shoot in Uncharted 1 and 3, that takes the total to 5. I haven't played the Last of Us but I know there are guns in it so I presumed that you can shoot them, that's 6.

So either you didn't play any of the games you listed (stupid) or you played them and didn't realize there were guns in 6 of them (even stupider). Or you can't count to 6.

LOL...

xbox logic ^^

MGS4, TLOU and Uncharted are not shooters. Specially the first 2

6 of the 10 games you listed involve guns, 5 of which I know guns are the main emphasis. You come back at me with moronic statements like "lol" "Xbox logic" and "they aren't shooters". Don't lump me with people like yourself. I own PS4 and Xbox One, just as I owned 360 and PS4 my opinions aren't formed based on being restricted to buying one and falsely trying to feel superior.

MGS4 takes place in the middle of a warzone. Are CoD and Battlefield not shooters either? Even on a Big Boss run the game lets you wear a disguise and fight side by side with the rebels.

Uncharted is basically Gears with on the rails platforming. The jumps all feel scripted it needs the shooting aspect.

I haven't played TLOU but I may pick up the PS4 version.

Grasping at straws.
They're not shooters, pure and simple. I've won the thread with that other post and you're just embarrasing yourself now.

Oh I get it now, I didn't realize you were trolling. I actually believed you didn't think they were shooters.

Good troll, especially the making a statement then putting nothing behind it. I though you were just some annoying little kid.
#33cooolioPosted 5/11/2014 5:50:58 AM(edited)
CharadeSmith posted...
PS has a more varied demographic. The demographic that buys those games is "shared" between both consoles. It's your "casual gamer", if you will.

The difference is that "everyone else" in PS land is distinct (weaboos, adventure fans, etc) while in Xbox land they're dudebros, nothing more than a different version of the casual gamers mentioned above.

which is why, if you only consider exclusives, the lists become...:

PS3:

1 - GT5
2 - Uncharted 2
3 - Uncharted 3
4 - Metal Gear Solid 4
5 - LittleBigPlanet
6 - Uncharted 1
7 - God of War 3
8 - The Last of Us
9 - Resistance Fall of man
10 - Motorstorm

While the 360 list is..:

1 - Halo 3
2 - Halo Reach
3 - Halo 4
4 - Gears of war 2
5 - Halo 3 ODST
6 - Gears of War
7 - Gears of war 3
8 - Kinect Sports
9 - Forza 3
10 - Fable 3

See the difference?
/topic

This is all just fanboy prejudice and my console is better bs. I play 90% of my games on my xbox 360, and I cannot stand fps games that are focused on mp. I hated the fact that the biggest exclusives on the 360 were shooters. They were fun, but my internet sucks and I could not enjoy the full package. The ps fans cannot really point fingers when we consider the popular games.

Rachet and Clank, LBP and MGS4 are were popular exclusives that were really different compared to your typical fps or tps. Resistance in a fps, and as popular as it is, The Uncharted games are very focused on shooting. The cinematics and bits of melee mask that though. TLOU is the only other TP game with shooting but it does not focus on that.

The important thing is to have variety in exclusives that are also solid and great at the same time. I know that you experienced the same the same poor choice with your 360, but you and I are examples of people who did not just want shooters. It is just that that was all that we were being offered.
#34Hvv0l24n9Posted 5/11/2014 6:09:21 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#35CrysianiaPosted 5/11/2014 9:01:21 AM
cooolio posted...
CharadeSmith posted...
PS has a more varied demographic. The demographic that buys those games is "shared" between both consoles. It's your "casual gamer", if you will.

The difference is that "everyone else" in PS land is distinct (weaboos, adventure fans, etc) while in Xbox land they're dudebros, nothing more than a different version of the casual gamers mentioned above.

PS3:

1 - GT5
2 - Uncharted 2
3 - Uncharted 3
4 - Metal Gear Solid 4
5 - LittleBigPlanet
6 - Uncharted 1
7 - God of War 3
8 - The Last of Us
10 - Motorstorm

While the 360 list is..:

1 - Halo 3
2 - Halo Reach
3 - Halo 4
4 - Gears of war 2
5 - Halo 3 ODST
6 - Gears of War
7 - Gears of war 3
8 - Kinect Sports
9 - Forza 3
10 - Fable 3

See the difference?
/topic

This is all just fanboy prejudice and my console is better bs. I play 90% of my games on my xbox 360, and I cannot stand fps games that are focused on mp. I hated the fact that the biggest exclusives on the 360 were shooters. They were fun, but my internet sucks and I could not enjoy the full package. The ps fans cannot really point fingers when we consider the popular games.

Rachet and Clank, LBP and MGS4 are were popular exclusives that were really different compared to your typical fps or tps. Resistance in a fps, and as popular as it is, The Uncharted games are very focused on shooting. The cinematics and bits of melee mask that though. TLOU is the only other TP game with shooting but it does not focus on that.

The important thing is to have variety in exclusives that are also solid and great at the same time. I know that you experienced the same the same poor choice with your 360, but you and I are examples of people who did not just want shooters. It is just that that was all that we were being offered.

Sounds like you bought the wrong console. buy ps3 = get to play more games that are not shooters = profit?
#36DarkAdonis123Posted 5/11/2014 9:16:17 AM
Delkura posted...
Tyronelio1 posted...
Because the Xbox brand is known for multiplayer dudebro shooters while the Sony brand is known for catering to weeaboos and adventure games.

It's just how it is and how it will always be no matter what game sells what on each platform.

It's funny because not a single JRPG made the top 10.

JRPGs are a niche genre, why would you expect to find one in the top 10? It's known for catering to a weeaboo crowd because it gets so many of these very niche games.
---
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue
#37cooolioPosted 5/11/2014 1:03:37 PM
Crysiania posted...
cooolio posted...
CharadeSmith posted...

PS3:

1 - GT5
2 - Uncharted 2
3 - Uncharted 3
4 - Metal Gear Solid 4
5 - LittleBigPlanet
6 - Uncharted 1
7 - God of War 3
8 - The Last of Us
10 - Motorstorm

While the 360 list is..:

1 - Halo 3
2 - Halo Reach
3 - Halo 4
4 - Gears of war 2
5 - Halo 3 ODST
6 - Gears of War
7 - Gears of war 3
8 - Kinect Sports
9 - Forza 3
10 - Fable 3

See the difference?
/topic

Sounds like you bought the wrong console. buy ps3 = get to play more games that are not shooters = profit?

I should have clarified that when I said that I played 90% on my 360 that meant that I had another console which is a ps3. I played a few of the ps3 exclusives, and was disappointed by most of them as well.

I played Uncharted 2 and 3, MGS4, TLOU, a demo for Infamous 2 and a demo for Rachet and Clank. There were also a few other demos that I felt were enough decide whether or not I would to buy the full games. I just want to get one thing out the way. Infamous 2's world and side mission design were enough to put me off from buying it because games like RDR offer what I prefer, powers or not.

All I will say is that the linear nature of most of the full games put me off, and it is important to note that find sp to be very important because I cannot play online. MGS4 and TLOU are the only ones that really gave me more open gameplay, but TLOU had a lot of flaws to me that were noticeable on my second playthrough. It was fun the first time though.

The Rachet and Clank games and LBP are the only exclusives that I would give a chance if I had the money at the moment. The PS3 did have more variety, but I found most of the big popular exclusives to be disappointing.

Oh yeah. I bought the PS3 just to play God of War 3. It was to much of the same. The whole cinematic nature was fun on the ps2 because it was amazing and new at the time, but God of War 2 left some big shoes to fill. Sadly, God of War 3 was more of a long awaited sequel than an amazing game.
#38Delkura(Topic Creator)Posted 5/11/2014 1:51:31 PM
dnmt posted...
Because the PS3 had exclusives in many different genres while the 360 mostly had 3rd or 1st person shooters, and of course CoD being bigger on 360 + Halo.

Microsoft only has one of each (Gears and Halo), but they do own three different JRPGs.

List of owned IPs:

Aegis Wing
Age of Empires
Age of Empires Online
Age of Mythology
Ascend: Hand of Kul
Azurik
Banjo-Kazooie
BattleTech
Battletoads
Black & White
Blast Corps
Blinx
Bloodforge
Blood Wake
Blue Dragon
Brute Force
Combat Flight Simulator WWII Europe
Comic Jumper: The Adventures of Captain Smiley
Conker
Crackdown
Crimson Alliance
Crimson Dragon
Crimson Skies
Every Party
Fable
Forza Motorsport
Freelancer
Fusion Genesis
Fuzion Frenzy
Game Chest Series
Gears of War
Grabbed by the Ghoulies
Gunpowder
Halo
Haunt
Hexic
High Heat Baseball
Hydro Thunder
Ilomilo
Infinite Undiscovery
Iron Brigade
It's Mr. Pants
Jawbreaker
Jetpac
Jet Force Gemini
Kakuto Chojin
Kameo: Elements of Power
Killer Instinct
Kinect Adventures
Kinect Fun Labs
Kinect Joy Ride
Kinect Sports
Kodu
Kung Fu Chaos
Lips
LocoCycle
Lost Odyssey
Magatama
Marlow Briggs
Max & the Magic Marker
Maximum Chase
MechAssault
MechCommander
MechWarrior
Microsoft Flight
Microsoft Flight Simulator
Microsoft Train Simulator
Microsoft Space Simulator
Midtown Madness
Monster Truck Madness
Motocross Madness
Ms. Splosion Man
NightCaster
Ninety-Nine Nights
N.U.D.E.@ Natural Ultimate Digital Experiment
Perfect Dark
Phantom Dust
Project Gotham Racing
Project Milo
Project Spark
Project Totem
Quantum Break
Quantum Redshift
Rallisport Challenge
R.C. Pro-Am
Rise of Nations
Ryse: Son of Rome
Sabreman
Secrets and Treasure
Shadowrun
Sneakers
'Splosion Man
Starlancer
State of Decay
Sudeki
Tao Feng
Tentacles: Enter the Dolphin
The Gunstringer
The Harvest
The Maw
The Movies
Tinker
Tork: Prehistoric Punk
True Fantasy Live Online
Viva Piņata
Voodoo Vince
Whacked!
Wizards & Warriors
Wordament
Wreckateer
Xbox Fitness
XNA
Zoo Tycoon
#39secondhand1Posted 5/11/2014 1:52:26 PM
CharadeSmith posted...
Grasping at straws.

"Won the thread"?

And he's the one embarrassing himself.
---
I don't row.