If PS3 survived with Blu-Ray why can't X1 survive with Kinect?

#1Full ThrottlePosted 5/10/2014 10:04:53 PM
why do people feel MS should ditch Kinect in order to save the console? i mean PS3 survived just fine with the expensive price, why are people touting doom for X1 now? is it because it's to slow the gap in america?
---
PSN: mrduckbear
Call me mrduckbear, not Full Throttle, sweater monkies. For every bug that is intentionally stepped on, something evil will happen...
#2LooksLikeRainPosted 5/10/2014 10:05:54 PM
It can and is. I don't know why you take these trolls seriously.
---
For the love of god, stop saying 'whilst.'
#3elbarto1Posted 5/10/2014 10:06:36 PM
Ps3 didn't start selling well til the price drop and the slim. So...
---
I DON'T KNOW WHAT WE'RE YELLING ABOUT!
:XBL: THE B0DY :PSN: THE_BODY_ :NNID: The_B0DY
#4Shinobi120Posted 5/10/2014 10:12:48 PM
Because what Microsoft's offering with Xbox One isn't anything special or new at all like with owning a DVD player or owning a Blu-Ray player.

Watching TV on your TV? Not innovative, especially when streaming has taken over Cable, etc. nowadays.

Kinect? Been there, done that. And besides, Kinect 2.0 isn't exactly being used for gaming; it's being used to monitor off of you & collect data from you.
#5Homie_202Posted 5/10/2014 10:13:55 PM(edited)
Because blu ray is and at the time was the way of the future in terms of physical media. Kinect is not the way of the future and a nuisance to most.
#6Garage_ManPosted 5/10/2014 10:18:26 PM
The ps3 did terrible for years. They literally let MS come up and curb stomp them into submission. Look at what happened to gaming in gen 7!? Action/FPS/TPS/Guns guns and more guns! Not even done right like Socom I and II.

Things are getting normal again, that's all that is happening. Everyone...okay most of everyone trusts Sony in gaming more. They have way more experience and arguably create, and have had the systems to create the most timeless memorable classics of the last 2 decades. Hopefully for gaming in general we see them dominate.

I'd love to see 3rd parties dump MS and instead of working on 1 game for 2 ta 3 platforms just focus on one. The best games were made like this..you know where the developers could spend more time making the game then worrying about graphics and that. Unfortunately that isn't likely.
#7DredjPosted 5/10/2014 10:28:45 PM
Blu-Ray was not a gimmick, it had to survive nothing.
#8NO2_FiendPosted 5/10/2014 10:33:33 PM
A console that costs $500 dollars and comes with a crappy 30 dollar webcam.... compared to a $600 dollar console that came with a decent $300 Blu-Ray player?

Not a great comparison. They both sold like crap at that price point anyway so whole point is moot.
---
I can't believe I've been here this long....
#9dnmtPosted 5/10/2014 11:13:15 PM(edited)
The PS3 was a better value proposition at time of its release, being the cheapest and best Blu-Ray around on top of having backwards compatibility, HDMI and wi-fi; all things the 360 lacked. People here may be shocked to learn this but it was selling more than the 360 on a daily basis since its launch everywhere but the US and the UK.
#10Perfect LightPosted 5/10/2014 11:17:54 PM
dnmt posted...
The PS3 was a better value proposition at time of its release, being the cheapest and best Blu-Ray around on top of having backwards compatibility, HDMI and wi-fi; all things the 360 lacked. People here may be shocked to learn this but it was selling more than the 360 on a daily basis since its launch everywhere but the US and the UK.

Hey guys this stuff is selling great everywhere except the two biggest markets!
---
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
Waiting: Watch Dogs, Dragon Age Inquisition, Batman Arkham Knight, The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt