If PS3 survived with Blu-Ray why can't X1 survive with Kinect?

#11singhellotakuPosted 5/10/2014 11:18:03 PM
people actually wanted Blu-ray though, and there wasn't a nearly identical product available for $100 less.
---
Humanity as a whole gets dumber every time you write sonypony nintendrone or xbot...and weeaboo...I mean, honestly people.
#12dnmtPosted 5/10/2014 11:21:07 PM
Perfect Light posted...
dnmt posted...
The PS3 was a better value proposition at time of its release, being the cheapest and best Blu-Ray around on top of having backwards compatibility, HDMI and wi-fi; all things the 360 lacked. People here may be shocked to learn this but it was selling more than the 360 on a daily basis since its launch everywhere but the US and the UK.

Hey guys this stuff is selling great everywhere except the two biggest markets!

The US is a huge market, yes, the UK less so. I'd like to take this chance to remind you that the PS3 ended up selling more units than the 360-- and that's with a full year less on the market.
#13Homie_202Posted 5/10/2014 11:21:53 PM
dnmt posted...
Perfect Light posted...
dnmt posted...
The PS3 was a better value proposition at time of its release, being the cheapest and best Blu-Ray around on top of having backwards compatibility, HDMI and wi-fi; all things the 360 lacked. People here may be shocked to learn this but it was selling more than the 360 on a daily basis since its launch everywhere but the US and the UK.

The US is a huge market, yes, the UK less so. I'd like to take this chance to remind you that the PS3 ended up selling more units than the 360-- and that's with a full year less on the market.

All of this.
#14quincy2000aPosted 5/10/2014 11:52:07 PM
Analyst Predicts Microsoft Will Unbundle Xbox One From Kinect
http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthier/2014/05/06/analyst-predicts-microsoft-will-unbundle-kinect-from-xbox-one/

That seems to be the consensus of most of the analysts I've been reading, people who actually get paid a salary for their opinions...

as opposed to some of the "analysts" here who feel the Kinect on the X1 is just fine.

But a prediction is just that, who knows what will really happen. But I'd certainly take to heart what a group of real analysts has to say before the "experts" posting on this board.
---
http://www.thehdstandard.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/720p-vs-1080p.png
And, yes, I visit Eurogamer's Digital Foundry for X1/PS4 comparisons.
#15bdfan4everPosted 5/10/2014 11:56:30 PM
dnmt posted...
Perfect Light posted...
dnmt posted...

Amen.
#16Spetsnaz420Posted 5/11/2014 12:03:39 AM
You were buying a less expensive bluray player that was a next Gen console. It allowed many times the amount of data storage per discs the discs themselves were practically scratch proof.

Kinect isn't a cheaper solution to anything I would be interested in anyway.

To me bluray has value, Kinect does not.
---
Searching for my long lost twin, is this you?
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?=2426382
#17SaintSeiyaXPosted 5/11/2014 12:23:33 AM(edited)
bdfan4ever posted...
dnmt posted...
Perfect Light posted...
dnmt posted...

Amen.

Lol Sony only took the lead pretty much after that gen was over. Also, Sony nor Microsoft were raking in profits from consoles sold...they were raking in profits from software and accessories sold. The 360 beat the living crap out of the PS3 in those categories where the real money is actually made. I repeat, console sales do not generate real profit, especially early in their life cycles. In fact, they usually generate losses. It's software and accessories sales that matter.

Think of it this way, Sony had 120 million PS2 sold with a great software attachment rate....only to let Microsoft take over the two biggest markets in the world in the following gen. That alone says how much Sony failed last gen.
---
#1 N.Y. Sports Fan - X360: P 1 L L zZz ; PSN: ExodusIllusion - http://killakadafi.dvdaf.com/owned
#18dnmtPosted 5/11/2014 12:22:16 AM
SaintSeiyaX posted...
bdfan4ever posted...
dnmt posted...
Perfect Light posted...
dnmt posted...

Amen.

Lol pretty much after that gen was over. Also, Sony nor Microsoft were raking in profits from consoles sold...they were raking in profits from software and accessories sold. The 360 beat the living crap out of the PS3 in those categories where the real money is made.

Think of it this way, Sony had 120 PS2 sold with a great software attachment rate....only to let Microsoft take over the two biggest markets in the world. That alone says how much Sony failed last gen.

Think of it this way, your mind is doing cartwheels conjuring up a world where the 360 didn't come third and the Xbone isn't losing badly to the PS4.
#19SaintSeiyaXPosted 5/11/2014 12:28:38 AM(edited)
^ I repeat,

Sony nor Microsoft were raking in profits from consoles sold...they were raking in profits from software and accessories sold. The 360 beat the living crap out of the PS3 in those categories where the real money is actually made. I repeat, console sales do not generate real profit, especially early in their life cycles. In fact, they usually generate losses. It's software and accessories sales that matter.

Think of it this way, Sony had 120 million PS2 sold with a great software attachment rate....only to let Microsoft take over the two biggest markets in the world in the following gen. That alone says how much Sony failed last gen.

As for this gen, Microsoft had all the momentum in the world and blew it at E3. They got cocky like Sony did last gen. Stuff happens.
---
#1 N.Y. Sports Fan - X360: P 1 L L zZz ; PSN: ExodusIllusion - http://killakadafi.dvdaf.com/owned
#20SparkItUpPosted 5/11/2014 8:04:52 PM
quincy2000a posted...
Analyst Predicts Microsoft Will Unbundle Xbox One From Kinect
http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthier/2014/05/06/analyst-predicts-microsoft-will-unbundle-kinect-from-xbox-one/

That seems to be the consensus of most of the analysts I've been reading, people who actually get paid a salary for their opinions...

as opposed to some of the "analysts" here who feel the Kinect on the X1 is just fine.

But a prediction is just that, who knows what will really happen. But I'd certainly take to heart what a group of real analysts has to say before the "experts" posting on this board.

In all fairness, Forbes has lost any & all credibility. They have been all over the map with their predictions. People complain that Sony & Microsoft have been doing 180's....Forbes has been doing them since the rumors of Durango & Orbis.