If PS3 survived with Blu-Ray why can't X1 survive with Kinect?

#21PorungaPosted 5/11/2014 8:09:20 PM
One of them is useful for gaming, the other is not.
#22RebelGameMasterPosted 5/11/2014 8:13:04 PM
I KNOW you did not just go there. PS3 was the cheaper alternative to owning a full blown BLU-RAY player! You got a BLU ray and a game system.

The kinect is what? The more expensive version of Skyping!? I'm not even sure one can have a proper Private Fun Chat With a lady without it picking up some blacklisted word and suspending you. With the Xbone you get a Multi-media Tv device and a camera.
---
This dispute is an abuse of the dispute form. Any further abuse of the form will result in loss of posting privileges or your account.
#23aj4x94Posted 5/11/2014 8:14:08 PM
RebelGameMaster posted...
I KNOW you did not just go there. PS3 was the cheaper alternative to owning a full blown BLU-RAY player! You got a BLU ray and a game system.

The kinect is what? The more expensive version of Skyping!? I'm not even sure one can have a proper Private Fun Chat With a lady without it picking up some blacklisted word and suspending you. With the Xbone you get a Multi-media Tv device and a camera.

What? It can do that?
---
Playing: Skyrim, Half Life 2, Dark Souls 1&2, Lords of Shadow, Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD, GTA V.
PSN: T-Snake94, XBL: T-Snake 94, Steam ID: T_Snake94
#24JoeSkeletorPosted 5/11/2014 8:21:14 PM
I think a huge number of early xb1 buyers including myself would have bought a cheaper kinectless xb1 over the only option given to us. PS4 got it right they offered the PS camera optional so those that love the camera features could buy and those wh didnt arnt punished withhigher costs.
---
PS4: Irskeletor / XB1: JoeSkeletor / WiiU: Deadskelton
#25TiredofhearinguPosted 5/12/2014 3:07:20 AM
bluray was a new technology that people wanted, and consume all throughout the life time of the console... most people don't want kinect, and controllers are faster anyways.
#26BeefEasterPosted 5/12/2014 3:16:45 AM
ps3 had blu-ray and no kinect

360 had kinect and no blu-ray

now xbox one has kinect and blu-ray while sony still has blu-ray and no kinect

one of these companies did something right last gen while the other is still clinging to their expensive mistake
---
I play with dolls: http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/BeefEaster/003_zps64d8bdd3.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/BeefEaster/001_zps33d21332.jpg
#27BrownGottiPosted 5/12/2014 3:50:13 AM
Homie_202 posted...
dnmt posted...
Perfect Light posted...
dnmt posted...
The PS3 was a better value proposition at time of its release, being the cheapest and best Blu-Ray around on top of having backwards compatibility, HDMI and wi-fi; all things the 360 lacked. People here may be shocked to learn this but it was selling more than the 360 on a daily basis since its launch everywhere but the US and the UK.

Hey guys this stuff is selling great everywhere except the two biggest markets!

The US is a huge market, yes, the UK less so. I'd like to take this chance to remind you that the PS3 ended up selling more units than the 360-- and that's with a full year less on the market.

All of this.

Except the PS3 finally overtook the Xbox 360 7 1/2 years later even with RROD. And for people saying that no one wants the Kinect, the best selling PS4 accessory and after months of being out of stock is finally available, is the PS4 camera.

So $500 no thanks but $460 is perfect?
#28dnmtPosted 5/12/2014 3:58:08 AM(edited)
I think the success of the PS4 camera can be attributed to general PS4 hype and The Playroom, which turned out to be quite genius and has no immediate parallel on the Xbone. Plus the Kinect has the whole "NSA is spying on you" stigma going against it.
#29jairusmonillasPosted 5/12/2014 4:12:07 AM
Before PS3, PS1 and PS2 dominated console gaming like never before. PS3 was a failure but it came back cause of its past reputation.
---
PS4 GPU: 1152 GCN, 1.84 TFLOPS, 72 TMUs, 32 ROPs, 8GB GDDR5
XB1 GPU :: 768 GCN, 1.31 TFLOPS, 48 TMUs, 16 ROPs, 8GB DDR3+eSRAM
#30dnmtPosted 5/12/2014 4:18:34 AM
jairusmonillas posted...
Before PS3, PS1 and PS2 dominated console gaming like never before. PS3 was a failure but it came back cause of its past reputation.

I think it came back thanks to a number of well-received exclusives and PS+ more than anything else. Sony had its work cut out for it last gen.