If PS3 survived with Blu-Ray why can't X1 survive with Kinect?

#31PS4alwaysPosted 5/12/2014 4:32:25 AM
Blu-ray didn't spy on you and your family and report back to the NSA..

..just saying :/
#32wake_me_420Posted 5/12/2014 4:34:56 AM
PS3 Blu ray player was considered arguably the best player on the market for some time. Kinect is...well Kinect is Kinect.
---
Check out this sweet box fort I made. Dare I say, 'World's Greatest' :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Jo57wauuvA
#33richboy900Posted 5/12/2014 4:37:14 AM
dnmt posted...
The PS3 was a better value proposition at time of its release, being the cheapest and best Blu-Ray around on top of having backwards compatibility, HDMI and wi-fi; all things the 360 lacked. People here may be shocked to learn this but it was selling more than the 360 on a daily basis since its launch everywhere but the US and the UK.

The 360 was better value for gaming however, no question. It was cheaper and had better multiplat games kind of like ps4 right now. But like the ps4, the PS3 had a poor games lineup in its early days other than multiplat games.
#34wake_me_420Posted 5/12/2014 4:37:55 AM
BrownGotti posted...
Homie_202 posted...
dnmt posted...
Perfect Light posted...
dnmt posted...
The PS3 was a better value proposition at time of its release, being the cheapest and best Blu-Ray around on top of having backwards compatibility, HDMI and wi-fi; all things the 360 lacked. People here may be shocked to learn this but it was selling more than the 360 on a daily basis since its launch everywhere but the US and the UK.

Hey guys this stuff is selling great everywhere except the two biggest markets!

The US is a huge market, yes, the UK less so. I'd like to take this chance to remind you that the PS3 ended up selling more units than the 360-- and that's with a full year less on the market.

All of this.

Except the PS3 finally overtook the Xbox 360 7 1/2 years later even with RROD. And for people saying that no one wants the Kinect, the best selling PS4 accessory and after months of being out of stock is finally available, is the PS4 camera.

So $500 no thanks but $460 is perfect?

The best selling PS4 accessory compared to what other PS4 accessories? All I can think of is a second controller. People ran out to buy the PS Camera after the Spartan Show blew up and everyone started using Playroom to stream themselves doing various legal and illegal activities.

Quite frankly not including the camera with the PS4 was one of the smartest things Sony did. Is there even 1 game out that uses it?
---
#35wake_me_420Posted 5/12/2014 4:39:00 AM
richboy900 posted...
dnmt posted...

The 360 was better value for gaming however, no question. It was cheaper and had better multiplat games kind of like ps4 right now. But like the ps4, the PS3 had a poor games lineup in its early days other than multiplat games.

I think free multiplayer for PS3 also was a significant factor in people deciding between systems.
---
#36CharadeSmithPosted 5/12/2014 4:40:09 AM
because blu ray is useful and nice, Kinect is not.
---
Master! We are in a tight spot!
#37richboy900Posted 5/12/2014 4:53:19 AM
wake_me_420 posted...
richboy900 posted...
dnmt posted...

I think free multiplayer for PS3 also was a significant factor in people deciding between systems.

That's a good point, but in the early days of the PS3, psn was seen by many as a joke. Especially after playing on xbox live.

I do think Sony has improved psn massively though. There's almost nothing to choose between live and psn these days. Sony also offer better deals Imo.
#38wake_me_420Posted 5/12/2014 5:00:19 AM
richboy900 posted...
wake_me_420 posted...
richboy900 posted...
dnmt posted...

That's a good point, but in the early days of the PS3, psn was seen by many as a joke. Especially after playing on xbox live.

I do think Sony has improved psn massively though. There's almost nothing to choose between live and psn these days. Sony also offer better deals Imo.

That's true, I didn't pick one up until '09, so I assume it had improved significantly. I'd imagine it was pretty bare bones, similar to PS4 when it dropped. I just assumed it would have all the features PS3 had and add on to it, such as media server, youtube app etc.

For me it came down to it having a blu ray plaer, free online and friends also having it. I do agree that PSN has some amazing sales. I don't know how they compare to XBL, but especially with plus you can get great games for just a few bucks on sale.
---
#39KOOGARPosted 5/12/2014 5:49:30 AM
You are comparing two things only kids at kindergarden can!

LOL!
---
Don't read this - it hurts your eyes.
#40ILikesCheesePosted 5/12/2014 5:55:33 AM
Full Throttle posted...
why do people feel MS should ditch Kinect in order to save the console? i mean PS3 survived just fine with the expensive price, why are people touting doom for X1 now? is it because it's to slow the gap in america?

Bad comparison topic Blu-ray was a good thing that people wanted. Yea HD!

Kinect is an annoying peripheral that only a small percentage of players use or even like.
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?