If PS3 survived with Blu-Ray why can't X1 survive with Kinect?

#41SuperSuikodenPosted 5/12/2014 6:24:37 AM
How could you compare blu-ray to kinect? They are completely different. At that time blu-ray devices were expensive and some people bought PS3 for both as console and as blu-ray player.
---
http://raptr.com/Call_Me_A_Hero
#42-FryShakeWad-Posted 5/12/2014 6:26:03 AM
But it is surviving with the Kinect. Whats the problem?
---
The spirit of The Ultimate Warrior will run forever! - James Brian Hellwig (R.I.P)
XBL: FryShakeWad PSN: fryshakewad
#43dnmtPosted 5/12/2014 6:31:26 AM
-FryShakeWad- posted...

Surviving, yes, but definitely not selling as well as it should. The public outcry against the Kinect cannot be denied.
#44-FryShakeWad-Posted 5/12/2014 6:34:51 AM
dnmt posted...
-FryShakeWad- posted...

Surviving, yes, but definitely not selling as well as it should. The public outcry against the Kinect cannot be denied.

Lol you think i care what the public thinks? Sorry, i don't. I am loving the Kinect and don't care if Microsoft is selling less than predicted. I have important things to worry about. But if its giving you fits maybe you should stop gaming.
---
The spirit of The Ultimate Warrior will run forever! - James Brian Hellwig (R.I.P)
XBL: FryShakeWad PSN: fryshakewad
#45dnmtPosted 5/12/2014 6:38:38 AM
-FryShakeWad- posted...
dnmt posted...
-FryShakeWad- posted...

Lol you think i care what the public thinks? Sorry, i don't. I am loving the Kinect and don't care if Microsoft is selling less than predicted. I have important things to worry about. But if its giving you fits maybe you should stop gaming.

Your personal opinion on the matter isn't relevant and neither is mine, but MS is definitely taking notice when the PS4 is outselling the Xbone 2:1 worldwide.
#46LordrvPosted 5/12/2014 7:37:49 AM
Perfect Light posted...
dnmt posted...
The PS3 was a better value proposition at time of its release, being the cheapest and best Blu-Ray around on top of having backwards compatibility, HDMI and wi-fi; all things the 360 lacked. People here may be shocked to learn this but it was selling more than the 360 on a daily basis since its launch everywhere but the US and the UK.

Hey guys this stuff is selling great everywhere except the two biggest markets!

UK isn't even a big market. It's not even 1/3 of EU sales, is it?
#47yiangaruuugaPosted 5/12/2014 7:40:00 AM
PS3's Blu-ray was almost pointless seeing how most multiplats were developed on the 360, and then ported over. There's only about a dozen games that the 360 utilized multiple discs while the PS3 only used one. Not to mention it had such slow read speeds that the 360/Wii CD drive had almost 2x the performance.

However, I do think that the Kinect could be the future. The future is supposedly VR/AR, and Sony has already stated for Project Morpheus that the PS Camera would be required. They have recently stated that the PS4 lightbar was built for Project Morpheus. I believe the Kinect will be beneficial to VR as it's a high-tech camera.
---
GT: xFrostxPhoenix | PSN: xFrostxPhoenix
GSU Comp Sci C/O 2015 | XB1;360;PS4;N64;SNES
#48wake_me_420Posted 5/12/2014 7:50:58 AM
yiangaruuuga posted...
PS3's Blu-ray was almost pointless seeing how most multiplats were developed on the 360, and then ported over. There's only about a dozen games that the 360 utilized multiple discs while the PS3 only used one. Not to mention it had such slow read speeds that the 360/Wii CD drive had almost 2x the performance.

Some people wanted the blu ray player to play blu ray movies....mind blowing, I know.
---
Check out this sweet box fort I made. Dare I say, 'World's Greatest' :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Jo57wauuvA
#49AceviperPosted 5/12/2014 8:10:20 AM
The PS3 was the cheapest and a very high quality blu ray player in the market for a long time.

The Kinect features can be done with boxes a fraction of the XBone's price, or are already built into the tv, or even just done by a simple remote
---
If gameshark wasn't invented... games wont be as popular anymore
-Someone
#50cloudtheprophetPosted 5/12/2014 9:21:30 AM
To answer your question the most straight forward way. Blu Ray is useful and has value. Kinect does not have much value for the majority of people.
---
NNID: cloudtheprophet Xbox Live: Cloudtheprophet