The Kinect USP Hypocrisy

#31TheGam3925Posted 5/12/2014 2:13:30 AM
This "unique selling point" is irrelevant to the people who have no interest in it and refuse to spend the extra money on a peripheral mainly used for menu navigation and casual shovelware games.
---
People on my ignore list - 0
Because I'm not a cry baby.
#32CaIiber345Posted 5/12/2014 2:20:30 AM
I am not absorbing the extra cost of niche gimmick peripheral technology that I do not need and do not want. I do not need or want motion gaming. I do not need or want voice controls. The competition offers the same ability to play the multiplatform games at reduced console cost. I can afford the One but I chose not to buy it on principle since it requires extra cost for a piece of technology that I do not want and need.

If the Xbox One reduces the price of admission to that of the PS4 or lower, along with an exclusive game experience that I cannot live without, I'll buy one and put the Kinect in a closet or sell it. If that is hypocrisy to anyone here, so be it. But if the competition offers the same experience for cheaper, why should I pay more for a hardware feature that I do not want in the first place? The fact that it is "different" and makes the Xbox One "unique" is not a selling point to someone like me who wants nothing to do with it at all.
---
twitch.tv/caliber345 | twitter: @astroduck79
Waiting for: Destiny, No Man's Sky, Rogue Legacy, The Witness
#33SigmaLongshot(Topic Creator)Posted 5/12/2014 3:03:10 AM
nableet posted...
Sigh. If the kinect had more uses than navigating a , what I can only assume intentionally, bad UI then I would not be as concerned. Most games aren't using it. Most tasks could be completed through a simple mic command, no need for the camera.

I would buy an xbone that is cheaper than the PS4 and without the kinect. Buying the product with kinect shows support for them including the kinect. I don't support this, so I won't buy it.

If the kinect is good enough then they can have two bundles, one with and one without. Then those that buy in to the idea can be happy and those that don't can happily buy the console for the exclusives.

What I still don't understand is why you people defend kinect being included? Why are you so against its removal? Don't give me that 100% attach BS, games are not using it. Announced exclusives (SO) are not using it.

TC, you claim to work for Ubisoft on the Division.... Are you using kinect? If so, is it more than voice commands? No doubt you won't answer, but if you aren't using it, then surely you are part of the problem.

You know I'm not allowed to discuss unannounced information, but as was previously noted, the Xbox One is our host platform for the project, and functionality will reflect this.
---
Double Jump Game Comics: http://doublejump.thecomicseries.com/
#34BeefEasterPosted 5/12/2014 3:09:05 AM
the "USP" of a console for me is the exclusive games

not some gimmicky peripheral
---
I play with dolls: http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/BeefEaster/003_zps64d8bdd3.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/BeefEaster/001_zps33d21332.jpg
#35SolisPosted 5/12/2014 3:38:42 AM
SigmaLongshot posted...
So, why destroy a console's unique identity for the sake of arbitrary parity, of bland neutrality, between them?

To lower the cost. Tactic seemed to work for the Nintendo 2DS, the PS2 Slim, the Wii without backwards compatibility (and the Wii Mini), or the 40gb PS3 model.
---
"Walking tanks must exist somewhere for there to be such attention to detail like this in mech sim." - IGN Steel Battalion review
#36SoulTrapperPosted 5/12/2014 5:48:28 AM
You constantly hear people say that the power difference doesn't matter and that the xbox one multiplatform games only look slightly worse.

The TC even claimed this difference would disappear entirely and that devs were switching to xbox as the main development platform in an earlier topic.

Yet suddenly when people talk about removing kinect, it's the one feature that sets it aside and without the kinect, it's an inferior product.

So which is it? Is the kinect the only thing the xbox one has going for it, or is it the ps4s equal and does the kinect really not matter?
#37TheSL1ClubPosted 5/12/2014 5:56:36 AM
Kinect is the main selling point lol? No wonder it couldn't beat PS4's sale.
---
They call me Hadouken because I'm down right fierce.
#38TheMuffinPosted 5/12/2014 6:52:39 AM
L4YER_CAKE posted...
...because some people arent interested in kinect motion games and might consider buying the technically inferior x1 for their own unique stable of games at a cheaper price?

Damn. TC's whole rant destroyed in one nice, concise post.
---
MonicasBack ~This is an interesting topic, I could imagine my mom or someone else who has zero knowledge of games making it.
#39pblimp360Posted 5/12/2014 7:30:59 AM
Agreed on everything you said TC. Very well said but you just know the trolls aren't gonna listen to common sense.
---
Death isn't the exit of existence. It's the entrance into eternity. R.I.P Zora Nelson 3/6/13 Forever loved
#40TheGam3925Posted 5/12/2014 7:40:27 AM
Kinect is not a unique selling point for me and millions of other people.

lol
---
People on my ignore list - 0
Because I'm not a cry baby.