Xbox One was designed with an eye on the future

#21LooksLikeRainPosted 5/11/2014 8:50:06 AM
spacejamjordanz posted...
LooksLikeRain posted...
dnmt posted...
innuendo1984 posted...
Ryan-06 posted...
Lol that statement again.

You can lol all you want kid,, that doesn't change the fact the man is right. There is a new coding paradigm underway, and only Xbox is prepared for it.

Powah of the cloud - Sony adopted this, and have GaiKai on the way
DX12 - turned out it wasn't a hoax. Works on all hardware (unlike Mantle)
Different architecture - esram wasn't a bottleneck after all (unless of course you code like in the past)

Hahahahhahahaha you actually believe all this

I'll take the word of a AAA multiplat developer over yours. Thanks for contributing, or whatever you're trying to do though.

EDIT: Baited by dnmt.

It's not uncommon for developers to talk up their games and downplay any differences. Logically it doesn't make much sense for them to downplay any version of their game. After all, they did put time and resources into it. Kojima being the exception( I don't understand why he did what he did).

I say wait until the title is actually released to the public before we make judgments.

Valid point.
---
For the love of god, stop saying 'whilst.'
#22InjusticeRebornPosted 5/11/2014 9:12:15 AM
Jedi kind of called it.

Any positive news leaning in favour of the Xbox One, in comes the naysayers. Like puddles after a downpour.

Apex-Player posted...
Xbox guys believe anything from anyone apparently.

The way I see it. Believe a developer, or believe a bunch of randoms you know nothing about, like their background in developing, or lack of. Hmmm?

I'll take the wait and see approach myself. But lol, this topic always ends in the same way.
---
Looking forward to: Dragon Age: Inquisition, The Witcher 3
#23SearchmanV16Posted 5/11/2014 9:20:24 AM
LooksLikeRain posted...
dnmt posted...
innuendo1984 posted...
Ryan-06 posted...
Lol that statement again.

You can lol all you want kid,, that doesn't change the fact the man is right. There is a new coding paradigm underway, and only Xbox is prepared for it.

Powah of the cloud - Sony adopted this, and have GaiKai on the way
DX12 - turned out it wasn't a hoax. Works on all hardware (unlike Mantle)
Different architecture - esram wasn't a bottleneck after all (unless of course you code like in the past)

Hahahahhahahaha you actually believe all this

I'll take the word of a AAA multiplat developer over yours. Thanks for contributing, or whatever you're trying to do though.

EDIT: Baited by dnmt.

Question, what makes Wolfenstein an AAA title? I consider it AA if anything. AAA for m = Destiny, COD, BF, Halo, etc or titles that are marketed as must haves. Wolfenstein is a decent title in its own right, but I don't see it as must have marketed product.
---
Let's go Heat, Jaguars, Panthers, Canes, and Yankees.
Current Devices: Galaxy Note 3, iPad Mini, and PS4.
#24Apex-PlayerPosted 5/11/2014 9:21:33 AM
You're taking the word of a developer that isn't even recognized when compared to developers they are trying to imply are doing things the wrong way. Respawn, Capcom, Ubisoft Montreal.

Yeah, if you put your faith in that developer over those who built quality games for the system, you're foolish.

"oh these guys developed Wolfenstein much more reliable then the creators of TitanFall, Dead Rising 3 and Watch Dogs"

Get serious, living in the Cloud has affected your judgement.
---
PSN/ Comfort_Cat
#25LooksLikeRainPosted 5/11/2014 9:34:09 AM
Apex-Player posted...
You're taking the word of a developer that isn't even recognized when compared to developers they are trying to imply are doing things the wrong way. Respawn, Capcom, Ubisoft Montreal.

Yeah, if you put your faith in that developer over those who built quality games for the system, you're foolish.

"oh these guys developed Wolfenstein much more reliable then the creators of TitanFall, Dead Rising 3 and Watch Dogs"

Get serious, living in the Cloud has affected your judgement.

I'm taking the word of someone who claims they've reached minimal disparity over someone who claims it's impossible, but we won't know until it's released. Being older doesn't always mean being smarter. I live in the real world where even reputable companies can be doing things wrong. Like every generation before this, devs are going to figure out how to code and optimize more efficiently as time goes by.
---
For the love of god, stop saying 'whilst.'
#26youngskillzPosted 5/11/2014 9:46:32 AM
xbox needs all he help it can get it, if they found the better way to code to get 1080/60 then they all should be doing it.

yet somehow i don't think this will work for all game engines/devs.
---
Metal Bands OTM -- Arch Enemy, Aborted, Eye of the Enemy, The Wake, Exhortation, Deals Death, Mechanical God Creation, Fractal Gates, Destinity, Isolated.
#27garcia_jxPosted 5/11/2014 11:26:38 AM
gobuffalo30 posted...
I'm confused, I thought the future was media based? You know, all in one machine?

But it's already been stated by developers the xbox one is not as developer friendly because of things like the ESRAM. Don't understand how a console with lesser hardware would be able to close the gap versus hardware that is better.

This is old, but good read:
http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/04/04/microsoft-explains-why-the-xbox-ones-esram-is-a-huge-win-and-helps-reaching-1080p60-fps/
#28gobuffalo30Posted 5/11/2014 11:35:02 AM
InjusticeReborn posted...
Jedi kind of called it.

Any positive news leaning in favour of the Xbox One, in comes the naysayers. Like puddles after a downpour..

Maybe it's because the positive news tends to either be false, unrealistic, very MS biased, or blown extremely out of proportion? You can thank some or all of those super pro xbox one and MS supporters.
#29gobuffalo30Posted 5/11/2014 11:35:28 AM
garcia_jx posted...
gobuffalo30 posted...
I'm confused, I thought the future was media based? You know, all in one machine?

But it's already been stated by developers the xbox one is not as developer friendly because of things like the ESRAM. Don't understand how a console with lesser hardware would be able to close the gap versus hardware that is better.

This is old, but good read:
http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/04/04/microsoft-explains-why-the-xbox-ones-esram-is-a-huge-win-and-helps-reaching-1080p60-fps/

Thanks.
#30DojoMaxPosted 5/11/2014 11:44:36 AM
dnmt posted...
Nah.

Lol
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVN_Ytl_bgA -- Titanfall is better on 360 than XBone.
PSN/XBL/Steam/Origin:DojoMax