Xbox One was designed with an eye on the future

#31SparkItUpPosted 5/11/2014 11:54:53 AM
LooksLikeRain posted...

I'm taking the word of someone who claims they've reached minimal disparity over someone who claims it's impossible, but we won't know until it's released. Being older doesn't always mean being smarter. I live in the real world where even reputable companies can be doing things wrong. Like every generation before this, devs are going to figure out how to code and optimize more efficiently as time goes by.

Terrible logic is terrible. So basically what you are saying is, if a smaller developer that does minimal work (because they can't afford to do so) as far as maximizing the current potential of the consoles and says the games look the same is more credible than the bigger developers that are currently pushing the boundaries (simply because they can afford to do so) and are noticing major differences?

Again, terrible logic is terrible. I'm not saying the XB1 is terrible, but to take the word of someone who can't afford to develop a game that pushes the consoles as far as they can like the bigger companies is just awful.
#32SparkItUpPosted 5/11/2014 11:57:02 AM
What I think are blatantly missing from both Sony & Microsoft are independent tech sources. I'm not talking about video game sites or developers, but actual tech sites that know what the hardware is capable of and what it isn't.
#33gobuffalo30Posted 5/11/2014 11:59:50 AM
SparkItUp posted...
What I think are blatantly missing from both Sony & Microsoft are independent tech sources. I'm not talking about video game sites or developers, but actual tech sites that know what the hardware is capable of and what it isn't.

Didn't they have that when they were talking about AMD or something?
#34SparkItUpPosted 5/11/2014 12:01:12 PM
gobuffalo30 posted...
SparkItUp posted...

who was talking about AMD?
#35BoxTheMuppetPosted 5/11/2014 12:01:24 PM
The sony guys can't even let a multiplat dev say something positive about the x1. This place is beyond repair.
---
#1 at absolutely nothing!
#36SparkItUpPosted 5/11/2014 12:02:43 PM
BoxTheMuppet posted...
The sony guys can't even let a multiplat dev say something positive about the x1. This place is beyond repair.

Sorry, but my position stands even when it comes to when they say a Sony game looks better.
#37gobuffalo30Posted 5/11/2014 12:05:00 PM
SparkItUp posted...
gobuffalo30 posted...
SparkItUp posted...

It was a tech site. It may not be AMD, I think it was, but the tech site was talking how xbox one went with a generic version or something like that. I can't remember all the details but it was talked about a bit on this board when the news came out.
#38SparkItUpPosted 5/11/2014 12:07:26 PM
gobuffalo30 posted...
SparkItUp posted...
gobuffalo30 posted...
SparkItUp posted...

It was a tech site. It may not be AMD, I think it was, but the tech site was talking how xbox one went with a generic version or something like that. I can't remember all the details but it was talked about a bit on this board when the news came out.

Are you talking about that story titled something like "How Sony assassinated the XB1" ? If so, that article, as much as I liked it, didn't go into deep tech specifics. It was a brush over without explanation.
#39BoxTheMuppetPosted 5/11/2014 12:08:38 PM
SparkItUp posted...
BoxTheMuppet posted...

Sorry, but my position stands even when it comes to when they say a Sony game looks better.

That's nice that you thought I was talking about your posts. I wasn't. I was referring to all the people that jump in every positive topic, pout, stomp their feet, and scream "that's impossible" on a daily basis. None of you are on the level of understanding these machines like the people working with them. It's hilarious to see all the posts where everyone pretends to be IT guys.
---
#1 at absolutely nothing!
#40gobuffalo30Posted 5/11/2014 12:08:44 PM
I don't think so, it was an actual tech article and that article title doesn't sound familiar to me.