#51BoxTheMuppetPosted 5/11/2014 1:29:14 PM
@spark, very good points.
---
#1 at absolutely nothing!
#52garcia_jxPosted 5/11/2014 1:51:08 PM
Apex-Player posted...
@garcia_jx

Yeah such a great read,
that's why we're seeing xboxone hit 1080p 60fps on every game instead of reading articles about it being possible... Oh wait.

The top commenter in the article makes a good point, and he seems to have some knowledge on the subject. Don't understand why you get bothered by it.
#53quincy2000aPosted 5/11/2014 2:20:30 PM
Points may be correct, may not be correct.

Recently, I thought there was a similar article that made similar statements about the PS4.

So, there's a sort of "wait and see what we can do" mentality for now concerning the X1? And was a two year period mentioned?

Two years?

Presently, as an owner of both systems (for now, any way), I'll be making purchases of multiplats on the system that showcases them best.

Two years?

Designed with an eye on the future? Almost sounds like that simply translates to "released too soon" in this case.
---
http://www.thehdstandard.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/720p-vs-1080p.png
And, yes, I visit Eurogamer's Digital Foundry for X1/PS4 comparisons.
#54Apex-PlayerPosted 5/11/2014 2:36:28 PM
garcia_jx posted...
Apex-Player posted...
@garcia_jx

Yeah such a great read,
that's why we're seeing xboxone hit 1080p 60fps on every game instead of reading articles about it being possible... Oh wait.

The top commenter in the article makes a good point, and he seems to have some knowledge on the subject. Don't understand why you get bothered by it.

If 32mb of esram was as useful as he claims, CoD, Black Flag, TitanFall, Dead Rising 3, Watch Dogs etc wouldn't be struggling to achieve 900p.

He's not talking Cloud or dx12, he's talking about something that is already there to use, if it's already there why have we not seen this easily attainable 1080p 60fps he claims is possible using it on the games 6 months later?

I'll scratch TitanFall and Dead Rising 3 off, who cares that these are exclusives that would have used it but why isn't Watch Dogs parity at least 6 months after launch? Why is Insomniac saying only 1080p 30fps if 60fps should be easy with only esram.

Why can't MGS Forza or SO have dynamic lighting?

It's only annoying when you read b/s and everyone believes it.
Again he's talking esram, not cloud not dx12, esram that has been in the console since developers have had their hands on it to build with.
---
PSN/ Comfort_Cat
#55MephsuitPosted 5/11/2014 2:42:51 PM
I much prefer to read articles about hypothetical game frame rates and photorealistic hair than actually have any games worth buying a system for
---
"Mephsuit, as he so often is, is right." - Token sane 261 member Saber_Tiger a.k.a. SST
#56richboy900Posted 5/11/2014 2:48:35 PM
Microsoft was planning to use 64mb of esram but there were rumours of yield/overheating problems before launch.

That's why it's only 32mb, they didn't want a similar scenario to the 360 RROD.
#57garcia_jxPosted 5/11/2014 2:52:59 PM
Apex-Player posted...
garcia_jx posted...
Apex-Player posted...
@garcia_jx

Yeah such a great read,

If 32mb of esram was as useful as he claims, CoD, Black Flag, TitanFall, Dead Rising 3, Watch Dogs etc wouldn't be struggling to achieve 900p.

He's not talking Cloud or dx12, he's talking about something that is already there to use, if it's already there why have we not seen this easily attainable 1080p 60fps he claims is possible using it on the games 6 months later?

I'll scratch TitanFall and Dead Rising 3 off, who cares that these are exclusives that would have used it but why isn't Watch Dogs parity at least 6 months after launch? Why is Insomniac saying only 1080p 30fps if 60fps should be easy with only esram.

Why can't MGS Forza or SO have dynamic lighting?

It's only annoying when you read b/s and everyone believes it.
Again he's talking esram, not cloud not dx12, esram that has been in the console since developers have had their hands on it to build with.

Wasn't he talking about games built on new engines using esram? I don't think he was talking about games that are using old engines. Those will still look like crap on Xbox One. However, the games built to use esram will definitely look better.
#58Apex-PlayerPosted 5/11/2014 3:17:05 PM(edited)
And then as others stated, why would developers build new engines just for the xboxone.
If 1st party games do it, I guess we'll see it with Halo Gears etc?

Forza is 1st party, why didn't they build a new engine for the xboxone?
Or that was a new engine right, so why the cardboard crowd and lack of dynamic lighting it's built for esram right?

Why would 3rd party developers build an entirely new engine just for the xboxone,
it's almost being outsold 2/1 and they are getting good performance as is, on the ps4.
Will MS pay them to?

Like, yeah.
Forza was fully optimized new engine and xboxone still couldn't handle dynamic lighting and 3d crowds with 1080p 60fps
which means cutting corners was still necessary.

None of this easily attainable anything is legitimate.
---
PSN/ Comfort_Cat
#59Megamushroom666Posted 5/11/2014 3:14:25 PM
Xbox One was designed with an eye on your living room.
---
Girl gets gangsta with a shovel: youtu.be/xi-WLSEUV4U
www.SNACKEROO.com - Snacks on camera.
#60Cowboy082288Posted 5/11/2014 3:19:04 PM
I'm not going to argue this with someone who is an actual game dev. I'm sure he gets the potential of esram much better than I do.

That being said. Proof is in the pudding. Show us a game on the X1 that is considered graphically superior to the PS4 version. So far that has not happened. Mostly multiplats have had a slight graphical advantage on the PS4.

Wait no there was the case with trails fusion having some texture pop in issues on the PS4. That is kind of small though when you see big budget games like BF4 running at a higher resolution on the PS4.