Xbox One was designed with an eye on the future

#81KOOGARPosted 5/12/2014 6:41:08 AM
With a closed eye ............................................................................. from a dead mole
---
Don't read this - it hurts your eyes.
#82MephsuitPosted 5/12/2014 12:27:36 PM
Cowboy082288 posted...
ShadowNinja87 posted...
Lol I been grown up. I just realized that MS was a company unworthy of my 500 dollars. To bad you guys paid 500 for a under powered cable box that just happens to play games.

Yep you been all grown up for a whole year, all thanks to MS apparently. I think you owe that company quite a lot, seems they are your surrogate father of sorts.

Nobody here is grown-up.... at least not mentally. Dropping $400-$500 on a PS4/XBone to play 1 or 2 exclusive games that are only worth having in the absence of anything else rather than due to their own excellence and then come on the Internet to get their panties wrinkled in "No, YOUR system is more crappier!" back and forths. Arguing that the possible potential of rendering Colin Kaepernick's one day photorealistic nose-hair will be way cooler on one person's black box instead of the other person's black box. Congratulations on graduating to the next level up from Powers Rangers vs. Big Bad Beetleborgs.
---
"Mephsuit, as he so often is, is right." - Token sane 261 member Saber_Tiger a.k.a. SST
#83TheMuffinPosted 5/12/2014 1:00:47 PM
We saw what tiling and megatextures could do in RAGE already. Made for very stable 60FPS and the game looked beautiful... Until you got close to an object and were presented with low res blobby details that you could barely consider adequate. That's how that system works. It streams only what's needed and uses large format textures at certain distances to make things look great. Unfortunately they're so large that when inspected up close they break down.
---
MonicasBack ~This is an interesting topic, I could imagine my mom or someone else who has zero knowledge of games making it.
#84bob15xPosted 5/12/2014 1:04:55 PM
TheMuffin posted...
We saw what tiling and megatextures could do in RAGE already. Made for very stable 60FPS and the game looked beautiful... Until you got close to an object and were presented with low res blobby details that you could barely consider adequate. That's how that system works. It streams only what's needed and uses large format textures at certain distances to make things look great. Unfortunately they're so large that when inspected up close they break down.

i don't think that was tiling. According to what I have seen about tiling it did the opposite. It allowed you to have more detailed textures the close you got because of how detailed they were.