EA & Respawn still refuse to release Titanfall sale number

#21SparkItUpPosted 5/11/2014 11:32:35 AM
BPSatsuki posted...
Wizzl241 posted...
Well to be fair, thanks to EA we do know that Titanfall sold 1 million over the first three weeks, so...

and Infamous SS reached 1M mark in 9 days with much less hype or marketing......

While I don't find Infamous to be a good game...it was properly marketed. It wasn't oversaturation, there was no reinforcement of it being a killer app, etc...little hype was built up (except by fans) so there was little room for disappointment. Whereas Titanfall was overmarketed and had a tremendous amount of hype built around it...and that left to much room for a bubble burst. I'm sure it was a solid game, it simply didn't live up to the hype & expectation that they built through their marketing campaign. In this day & age of the interwebs & social media, the word spread quickly that it was good but not great.

In essence, the success of Infamous isn't because it was a great game...it's because it was properly & proportionately marketed whereas Titanfall was a good game, that was overhyped & overmarketed.
#22DojoMaxPosted 5/11/2014 11:36:08 AM
GalvatronType_R posted...
EA is a publicly traded company. They have a fiduciary duty to report sales numbers to their stockholders, especially on big event launch games like Titanfall.

If I were a stockholder, I would compare the number of units moved to how much Microsoft paid for exclusivity vs. the number of potential unit sales lost if Titanfall was released on the 4.

And I ask my question again. If this game is such a flop why would you want or care about it being on the ps4?
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVN_Ytl_bgA -- Titanfall is better on 360 than XBone.
PSN/XBL/Steam/Origin:DojoMax
#23crucialPosted 5/11/2014 11:45:26 AM
Last I heard it sold 1 million+ on X1 alone,sounds about right since it had around 600k pre orders,my guess it bombed on PC and 360 which is why the numbers are so bad,it is a killer app on X1 just not on 360 and PC,lets say it sold 1.5 mill on X1 that is a 5:1.5 attach rate which is decent for a MP online only game,the overall sales are sad and is the reason we are not getting real numbers and digital sales are not counted as well which many people use.
#24U_WOT_M8Posted 5/11/2014 11:46:34 AM
DojoMax posted...
EA is a publicly traded company. They have a fiduciary duty to report sales numbers to their stockholders, especially on big event launch games like Titanfall.

If I were a stockholder, I would compare the number of units moved to how much Microsoft paid for exclusivity vs. the number of potential unit sales lost if Titanfall was released on the 4.

And I ask my question again. If this game is such a flop why would you want or care about it being on the ps4?

Huh? He's basically saying EA lost out on lotsa money by not bringing it to sony consoles. Where did he say that it's a crappy game, but still wanted it on PS4?
#25eejayaitchPosted 5/11/2014 11:48:24 AM
It's also strange that Major Nelson stopped providing Xbox Live activity statistics when the One was released. This means we can't see how Titanfall stacks up against COD and BF4.
---
GAMEFAQS - Where the worlds top coders and business analysts meet for light hearted discussion.
#26RS_YELARAKAPosted 5/11/2014 11:50:38 AM
Why are you worried about it? If you like TF cool, if you don't cool? WGAF
---
GT - YELARAKA (Member of RS Squad)
3DS FC - 5301-0384-5258
#27scoobydoobydontPosted 5/11/2014 11:50:46 AM

Tell us more about how business works Mr. NotAStockholder, we're all on the edge of our seats.
---
http://i.imgur.com/MBPlg7Z.jpg
#28fizzle2222Posted 5/11/2014 11:52:21 AM
Turbokk posted...
They were expecting COD sales numbers and they failed spectacularly.

ok

http://www.charlieintel.com/2013/09/10/vince-zampella-says-titanfall-wont-sell-as-well-as-call-of-duty/
#29gobuffalo30Posted 5/11/2014 11:54:00 AM
U_WOT_M8 posted...
DojoMax posted...

Huh? He's basically saying EA lost out on lotsa money by not bringing it to sony consoles. Where did he say that it's a crappy game, but still wanted it on PS4?

Well, people are pretty defensive around this board, and read what they want to read.
#30gobuffalo30Posted 5/11/2014 11:54:44 AM
fizzle2222 posted...
Turbokk posted...
They were expecting COD sales numbers and they failed spectacularly.

ok

http://www.charlieintel.com/2013/09/10/vince-zampella-says-titanfall-wont-sell-as-well-as-call-of-duty/

Yes, he said it. But I believe MS was the one doing the marketing.