EA & Respawn still refuse to release Titanfall sale number

#31fizzle2222Posted 5/11/2014 12:05:36 PM
gobuffalo30 posted...
fizzle2222 posted...
Turbokk posted...
They were expecting COD sales numbers and they failed spectacularly.

ok

http://www.charlieintel.com/2013/09/10/vince-zampella-says-titanfall-wont-sell-as-well-as-call-of-duty/

Yes, he said it. But I believe MS was the one doing the marketing.

MS were trying to push the Xbox one sales with the Titanfall bundle not Titanfall itself
#32anthony2690Posted 5/11/2014 12:06:18 PM
As of the 26th April, 2.49million units have been sold.
1.63million being Xbox one copies.

I think they may of hurt the game sales overall by not advertising that it was also coming to Xbox 360, most people I know never knew it came to x360...
#33Apex-PlayerPosted 5/11/2014 12:06:42 PM
Would you rather be the company who has access to 100mil potential buyers, and only sold to 1-2mil.
Or
The company that only had access to 7mil potential buyers, and sold 1mil in 9 days?

There is a reason Sony was proud of those sales, showing them off to everyone interested in looking.
And MS/EA would rather just 'move on' and not mention crap to the media after the 1mil in 3 weeks statement.

Attach rates are important.

As 'Crucial stated earlier,
if it was xboxone exclusive the sales would be very impressive.
It should have just been exclusive to xboxone, then MS and EA would be bragging to everyone over it.

The fact it wasn't exclusive and had access to so much more potential sales,
showed how many people had absolutely no interest in buying it.
Those numbers never look good to show off, ever.
---
PSN/ Comfort_Cat
#34SparkItUpPosted 5/11/2014 12:12:15 PM(edited)
http://youtu.be/Xocc09mGPnY

^ this is the commercial in my opinion that doomed Titanfall...So much hype in 30 seconds...especially when they accentuate it as a killer app halfway through it.

http://youtu.be/UzO9AfB2oSc

and oversaturation of this campaign. It really feels they tried to parody the Sony commercials that feature "Sharing is Caring"
#35CGB_SpenderPosted 5/11/2014 12:18:13 PM
BPSatsuki posted...
Wizzl241 posted...
Well to be fair, thanks to EA we do know that Titanfall sold 1 million over the first three weeks, so...

and Infamous SS reached 1M mark in 9 days with much less hype or marketing......

Titanfall XB1 has outsold Infamous SS easily even with a smaller install base. And that 1 million sales for Titanfall was US ONLY. It's now the best selling exclusive on next gen consoles.
---
http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2210/4016647774_8f8d4e0212.jpg
#36Apex-PlayerPosted 5/11/2014 12:20:37 PM
Still should have sold more, guess who agrees with this statement? MS and EA
---
PSN/ Comfort_Cat
#37HorridhalPosted 5/11/2014 12:22:59 PM
CGB_Spender posted...
BPSatsuki posted...
Wizzl241 posted...
Well to be fair, thanks to EA we do know that Titanfall sold 1 million over the first three weeks, so...

and Infamous SS reached 1M mark in 9 days with much less hype or marketing......

Titanfall XB1 has outsold Infamous SS easily even with a smaller install base. And that 1 million sales for Titanfall was US ONLY. It's now the best selling exclusive on next gen consoles.

Got any kind of supporting evidence?

Or do you just want to go ahead and admit you are making **** up?
---
I'm not the nicest person you'll meet.
Have a real point please.
#38anthony2690Posted 5/11/2014 12:25:10 PM
As of the 26th April, 2.49million units have been sold.
1.63million being Xbox one copies.

I think they may of hurt the game sales overall by not advertising that it was also coming to Xbox 360, most people I know never knew it came to x360...
#39Wgebhart25Posted 5/11/2014 12:43:24 PM
This game truly was overdone. The fact that it won most anticipated game was BS. At the time I feel Watchdogs was anticipated more. But in all honesty, this game was overhyped by the Xbox Fanboys who curse the PS4. They were begging for this game to be good so they could finally 1 up the PS4, so they said anything that would convince themselves and other people that it would be the new CoD (sales wise). Then you take all the marketing and advertising EA and MS did and add it to the fact that titanfall is a mediocre game, you are asking for a failure. MS isn't releasing Xbox sales for the same reason as EA, they don't want people to see how bad their product is doing.
#40Goregasm17Posted 5/11/2014 1:16:38 PM
Maybe the industry is trying to break this type of gamers, the type of gamer who games for sales numbers instead of for the experience said game offers. I also agree that this type of entitled brats should be shunned from the industry so we can begin getting quality games without nerds spouting "IS IT TEN EIGHTY PEES? IF NAWT, I DON'T WANT IT". Yeah, those types of "gamers" are a parasite to the industry. I'm sure good ideas have been scrapped because of "gamers" like this. Just die already.