EA & Respawn still refuse to release Titanfall sale number

#51BPSatsuki(Topic Creator)Posted 5/11/2014 2:21:59 PM
CGB_Spender posted...
BPSatsuki posted...
Wizzl241 posted...
Well to be fair, thanks to EA we do know that Titanfall sold 1 million over the first three weeks, so...

and Infamous SS reached 1M mark in 9 days with much less hype or marketing......

Titanfall XB1 has outsold Infamous SS easily even with a smaller install base. And that 1 million sales for Titanfall was US ONLY. It's now the best selling exclusive on next gen consoles.

where? where's the proof? give me link? this is the point of this thread, no one knows of the total WW number, except EA, Respawn and MS
#52TrueGBPosted 5/11/2014 3:31:18 PM
Probably because this is gonna end up being one of those games that did sell relatively well, but it's gonna end up being a loss because they spent way too much money on marketing and now they're feeling pretty stupid about it.
---
Future Billionaire
#53prozac786Posted 5/11/2014 3:32:11 PM
Because it sold less than inFamous
---
PSN Prozac786
"It shows how poorly education and raised someone really are." bob15x
#54chedibang1994Posted 5/11/2014 3:46:58 PM
prozac786 posted...

Is what we wished for
---
My blade will tear you limb from limb, my eyes aren't as cold as my glare, my heart is black as my metal, I am fulgore mark 3, prepare yourself for devastation
#55CharocksPosted 5/11/2014 3:54:03 PM
I agree that it wasn't remotely close to the figure they expected. I think part of it falls solely on M$ for making a watercooler that watches you instead of a gaming system. It has a large stigma attached which will hurt any exclusives.

EA is another part because of shoddy business practices.
---
Former Xbox Fan - A Flying Ewok
Official Arrow in the Knee of the Skyrim board (360)
#56BdowDELL222Posted 5/11/2014 4:30:08 PM
Life must be pretty miserable for haters. The constant negativity must get tiresome I would say eh!?

1 million in the first 3 weeks. It's been out for 9 weeks now so that number should be quite higher. Also, digital copies have not been taken into account INCLUDING PC sales through origin. Did anyone even think this was gonna be a blockbuster PC game anyways? And do PC users even buy physical copies anymore in a world ruled by the likes of steam and origin (as bad as origin is). Anyways everyone all knew that Titanfall was all about the Xbox One first.

Downplay it all you want, sure the sales numbers which we are all just speculating at this point may not be earth shattering or anything like that, but it's certainly not bad. It is sad however to see how some of you guys get your panties in a bunch over stuff like this.
#57mikel93Posted 5/11/2014 5:37:59 PM
prozac786 posted...

And the fact that Destiny looks like a better game as a whole?

No wonder why Titanfall failed to live up to the hype.
#58leelee3105Posted 5/11/2014 6:03:11 PM
I read like a quarter of the OP, and then ZZZZZZZZ
---
"I educated myself entirely on Wikipedia. I think harmless typos are a sign of stupidity."
GT je suisLe juif PSN lol!
#59gobuffalo30Posted 5/11/2014 6:20:10 PM
fizzle2222 posted...
gobuffalo30 posted...
fizzle2222 posted...
Turbokk posted...
They were expecting COD sales numbers and they failed spectacularly.

ok

http://www.charlieintel.com/2013/09/10/vince-zampella-says-titanfall-wont-sell-as-well-as-call-of-duty/

Yes, he said it. But I believe MS was the one doing the marketing.

MS were trying to push the Xbox one sales with the Titanfall bundle not Titanfall itself

Isn't that the same thing though? In either scenario their marketing was to sell both the game and console.
#60Tyronelio1Posted 5/11/2014 6:34:16 PM
So titanfall sold a million in the us for the x1 in three weeks.

That's good isnt as its only sold like 3million there?

Titanfall is the best fps game ive ever played but it is a shame that it lacks content.
---
Welcome to Sonyfaqs.com.
Currently playing: Bayonetta, DBZ: Raging Blast 2, WWE/NBA 2K13, Alan Wake, GTAIV: Complete Edition, TC: HAWX 2, Dark Souls 2.