All the games i want are multi-plat on the old gen.

#1uniquebadgerPosted 5/11/2014 12:23:41 PM
I was thinking today that the only games i truly am excited about this year, and have been since this gens start, are Destiny, Shadows of Mordor, and Dragon Age, and watch dogs. Unless I'm wrong non of these are next gen games. I can't wait till we start actually seeing games this gen to be excited about.
#2anthony2690Posted 5/11/2014 12:28:13 PM
Is Dragon age not next gen only? :/ thats a shame, I guess witcher 3 will blow it out the water :p
#3littlebro07Posted 5/11/2014 12:30:43 PM
Watch Dogs is on old systems? Is there any difference other than graphics?
---
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb289/volcaitlin/gifs/dancning.gif
#4rubberGasketPosted 5/11/2014 12:33:54 PM
Developers need to stop making games multi-gen, and concentrate on the new systems.
---
If I don't reply to your post it's because I have you on my ignore list.
#5BeefEasterPosted 5/11/2014 12:38:57 PM
making games is a business and business is about making money

until the new consoles have a higher adoption rate games will continue to be cross gen
---
I play with dolls: http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/BeefEaster/003_zps64d8bdd3.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/BeefEaster/001_zps33d21332.jpg
#6CrysianiaPosted 5/11/2014 12:55:57 PM
rubberGasket posted...
Developers need to stop making games multi-gen, and concentrate on the new systems.

"lets develop for the small market and ignore the large market"

yea, thats not a logical thing to do right now.
#7uniquebadger(Topic Creator)Posted 5/11/2014 1:08:04 PM
BeefEaster posted...
making games is a business and business is about making money

until the new consoles have a higher adoption rate games will continue to be cross gen

True, but there is no incentive for people to buy next gen consoles then if they can get the same games on the old system. So it seems like this also kind of hurts the current gen by supporting the old gen.
#8Shinobi120Posted 5/11/2014 1:14:59 PM
Crysiania posted...
rubberGasket posted...

And yet, most of the cross-gen games have been selling well on Xbox One & (especially) PS4 than on PS3 & 360.
#9robert_rangersuPosted 5/11/2014 1:17:10 PM
Shinobi120 posted...
Crysiania posted...
rubberGasket posted...

And yet, most of the cross-gen games have been selling well on Xbox One & (especially) PS4 than on PS3 & 360.

It happens all the time guys it's going to take longer for cross gen games to die out this time because the hardware leap isn't as substantial.
---
Couldn't care less = you don't care one single bit.
Could care less = you do care, at least a little.
#10Shinobi120Posted 5/11/2014 1:22:43 PM(edited)
robert_rangersu posted...
Shinobi120 posted...
Crysiania posted...
rubberGasket posted...

It happens all the time guys it's going to take longer for cross gen games to die out this time because the hardware leap isn't as substantial.

It's not about the hardware leap, but the install bases for both Xbox One & PS4.

PS4 is more powerful, but the main reason why we haven't seen such a big leap in the multiplat games that were currently out, is because that most of the multiplat games that have came out on PS4 & Xbox One were made with the last generation hardware in mind (that's PS3 & 360) rather than having the games made with this generation of hardware in mind (Xbox One & PS4).

Games like inFamous: Second Son is one of the true representatives as to what PS4 games should look like. Even some publishers/developers like Rocksteady are moving games like Batman: Arkham Knight to Xbox One, PS4, & PC only.