Electronic Arts Declares War on GameStop

#21Fou LuPosted 5/11/2014 7:12:50 PM
thasnipermaster posted...
GameStop/EBGames ARE DEAD

Nope. Bandwidth cap here in Canada keeps digital from taking a foothold. EBgames and Gamestop will continue to rule in Canada, where they have no competition.
---
I smolder with generic rage.
#22MrImpatient35Posted 5/11/2014 7:16:54 PM
I mainly need an incentive to go all digital. I want either pre-order bonuses, or slightly cheaper price. I do like being able to sell my games though. I guess I wont go all digital until you can sell them. I'd go 50/50.
---
FML
#23deepshadow4125Posted 5/11/2014 7:17:05 PM
rusty12000 posted...
Can't really blame them honestly Gamespot takes so much money from the developers. Seems digital is the future.

Take so much from the developers? It's not like the developers are selling their games used to the population at a discounted rate. Sure the developers don't get anything of the resale of the game, but if that is the only way another person would buy it (with the chance of the person buying DLC), then the developer wouldn't get any money anyways. Where Gamestop makes most of their money is the fact that gamers trade in their old stuff and get some of their money back. Sure it seems a little harsh at the steep price difference you get in return, but they have to pay their employee's and what not. The ONLY way the developers would be getting taken advantage of is the fact of a used game selling for the same price as a new copy. $5 shy can be a stretch, but like I said, it's Gamestops way of keeping their stores open.
---
C.C.: Lelouch, do you know why snow is white? Snow is white, because it's forgotten what color it's supposed to be.
#24WildsparkPosted 5/11/2014 7:17:22 PM
That's a war that EA can't win.
---
3ds XL is the best thing since Christmas
#25ronjon1183Posted 5/11/2014 7:18:24 PM
Wildspark posted...

Quite the opposite.

Gamestop is not in any position to get a leg up right now.
#26WildsparkPosted 5/11/2014 7:19:12 PM
ronjon1183 posted...
Wildspark posted...

Quite the opposite.

Gamestop is not in any position to get a leg up right now.

How so?
---
3ds XL is the best thing since Christmas
#27DarthVashtiPosted 5/11/2014 7:26:23 PM
All digital would be the death of the industry. Why would EA want to support something that would cause them to go out of business? I mean if it were just EA effected by that then it wouldn't be that big of a loss but it would cause nearly the whole industry to go under. The only survivors would be that free to play mobile crap and PC gaming.
#28mike468Posted 5/11/2014 7:33:42 PM(edited)
Don't know why anyone really cares about this. Your talking about a company that sells digital only and pockets 99% of the profits and has no incentive to sell games cheap vs a retailer that buys it's games back from consumers at dirt cheap prices and then turns around and sells them at $5 under new retail, to undercut publisher copies at full price. They've even become more aware of the vintage market and rather than adjusting their prices downward over time like most retailers would, they've actually resorted to pricing gouging consumers on vintage games as well.

Anyone that is complaining about not being able afford buying full priced retail games, yet can afford a copy at $5 cheaper needs a new hobby. You are the reason developers and publishers are resorting to this kind of stuff.
---
The Official Thunder Of The Killer Instinct Board
#29Padraigo52Posted 5/11/2014 7:32:08 PM
I stopped buying retail long ago.
#30MonicasBackPosted 5/11/2014 7:36:35 PM
The gaming peasants will be forced to pay full price for years old games, while the steam master race will get games for 60% off 3 months post launch.

The console future looks bleak.
---
Monicaaa