why wont EA release the sales numbers for Titanfall?

#11Cowboy082288Posted 5/11/2014 11:10:40 PM
aszsith posted...
Do you possess a Tardis or DeLorean which you will use to make changes to the numbers? No? Then why do you care? If yes, why is changing this one media release important to you? And please beware of the Butterfly Effect. I don't want to end up a cripple because you jiggered around the time stream.

Are you going to buy as many copies as necessary for the title to reach the total you are looking for? No? Then why do you care? If yes, what do you plan to do with the copies you purchase?

Do you have stock in EA and want to know how Titanfall's performance affected your stock value? No? Then why do you care? If yes, why don't you just check the value of the stock?

My point is: Why do you care?

console wars bro....... console wars
#12Joe_ArpaioPosted 5/11/2014 11:13:42 PM
It's a mystery to everyone!
#13userfrigginamePosted 5/11/2014 11:59:43 PM
Cuz they want ppl like you to keep talking about it, so that it stays relevant amongst those who don't have the game, and are only interested in the sales numbers. Or maybe not.
#14LooksLikeRainPosted 5/12/2014 12:01:47 AM
The only thing we don't know is the digital sale. What we do know is it sold about a million in physical copies in the US, which is good for a new IP.

So no, its not like it failed at all.
---
For the love of god, stop saying 'whilst.'
#15JONlCS(Topic Creator)Posted 5/12/2014 6:25:28 PM
aszsith posted...
Do you possess a Tardis or DeLorean which you will use to make changes to the numbers? No? Then why do you care? If yes, why is changing this one media release important to you? And please beware of the Butterfly Effect. I don't want to end up a cripple because you jiggered around the time stream.

Are you going to buy as many copies as necessary for the title to reach the total you are looking for? No? Then why do you care? If yes, what do you plan to do with the copies you purchase?

Do you have stock in EA and want to know how Titanfall's performance affected your stock value? No? Then why do you care? If yes, why don't you just check the value of the stock?

Because it rustles the jimmies of people like you
---
JawnixPSboy
#16SparkItUpPosted 5/12/2014 6:38:52 PM
aszsith posted...

While I do recognize his point was to troll, perhaps he could have been a concerned consumer on the fence about buying a console and found it disturbing that they wouldn't release their numbers. Looking at what is dubbed the "killer app" sales is a good way to judge how much confidence the consumer base of the XB1 has in the product.

Again, obviously this isn't the case with TC, but it's a valid point just the same.
#17rusty12000Posted 5/12/2014 6:42:21 PM
Oh yes, the troll storm is-a brewin'
---
Everything EA contributed to gamers around the world in one youtube clip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBoesEFWZnM