Why is Xbox considered the 'dudebro shooter/sports' console when...

#51Mr_DelcroixPosted 5/12/2014 5:49:23 AM(edited)
Games with guns =/= Yearly released first person military shooters that focus on multi-player above everything else while at the same time relying on hype and advertising/paid reviews to sell outrageous numbers of units.

Just because a game has guns in it doesn't mean it's a dudebro shooter. You clearly have no idea what you're talking about, and are grasping at straws to make a point.

Ratchet and Clank is a third person shooter/Platformer, comparing it to the dudebro genre is honestly the dumbest thing I've seen anyone say here in a very long time.

We're on Gamefaqs no less. Think about that for a moment.
---
Wonder when they're going to realize that I don't care about karma?
#52blitz_0623Posted 5/12/2014 5:55:11 AM
It's not about the console's library.

It's the console's audience, and the top sellers of the Xbox are mostly shooters. Halo, Gears, CoD.

Not that the PlayStation has other top sellers, but the attach rate of shooters is noticeably higher on Xbox consoles.
---
Nintendo FC - 2423-3428-2025 | Tangela, Swadloon, Quilladin
PM me if you add
#53Noodles_the_dogPosted 5/12/2014 6:20:18 AM
DarthLaharl posted...
and more first party shooters or games with guns in general as primary weapons (like Rachet & Clank)

TIL Portal is a dudebro FPS, thanks TC!
---
3DS FC: 4184-2533-6339
(Safari type Flying - Spearow, Tranquil and Rufflet)
#54RS_YELARAKAPosted 5/12/2014 6:20:27 AM
Mr_Delcroix posted...
Games with guns =/= Yearly released first person military shooters that focus on multi-player above everything else while at the same time relying on hype and advertising/paid reviews to sell outrageous numbers of units.

Just because a game has guns in it doesn't mean it's a dudebro shooter. You clearly have no idea what you're talking about, and are grasping at straws to make a point.

Ratchet and Clank is a third person shooter/Platformer, comparing it to the dudebro genre is honestly the dumbest thing I've seen anyone say here in a very long time.

Kinda like Metroid is considered FPA... right...
---
GT - YELARAKA (Member of RS Squad)
3DS FC - 5301-0384-5258
#55danger_brandonPosted 5/12/2014 6:30:32 AM
...idk. They're everywhere. On every system. Watch out. They're coming for you. 0_0
---
PSN: DangerBrandon
Last Platinum: inFamous 2; Currently Playing: Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater HD; In Queue: Mass Effect
#56bridog346Posted 5/12/2014 6:31:49 AM
It's because there is a whole subset of insecure gamers that want to feel superior by labeling other gamers into different categories to belittle them, instead of strengthening the community they fracture it. It shouldn't matter what games or platform we play and we should support that choice 100%.
---
Aim for the head, that's where the pudding is
#57LordrvPosted 5/12/2014 6:34:01 AM
Snake99001 posted...
Jedi454 posted...
Yeah, the definition came from Urban dictionary, it was most likely written by a beta.

Do you even realize how stupid the concept of alpha and beta is? We don't live in the damn jungle. You'd think people in a gaming board would be more intelligent than this. Self-proclaimed "alphas" are some of most insecure bi**es one can find. I don't know how things work in the US but to the rest of the world this doesn't exist. If you explained this to the average European woman you would come off as a man-child.

cause all real European men died in War, living only pansies.
#58LordrvPosted 5/12/2014 6:35:10 AM
RS_YELARAKA posted...
Mr_Delcroix posted...

Kinda like Metroid is considered FPA... right...

It sure as hell isn't an FPS, although its in first person and you shoot.
#59Shinobi120Posted 5/12/2014 7:56:14 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#60Shinobi120Posted 5/12/2014 7:57:11 AM
DarthLaharl posted...
Reading comprehension. Use it.

I DID read what you said.

Snake99001 posted...
First off, Ratchet and Clank is NOT a dudebro shooter. Just because a game has guns or is an FPS doesn't mean it attracts these kinds of low lives. Second, the PS3 has so many Japanese exclusives which a dudebro would rather die than even look at.

OMGWYATT posted...
How is Ratchet and Clank dudebro?

Having guns in it doesn't make a game "dudebro"

To me "dudebro" games are Madden, Grand Theft Auto, Halo, CoD, BF, Titanfall, Ryse, Need for Speed Underground, midnight club, mortal kombat, stuff like that.

Games full of "ACTION!" , vanity, and very little substance. basically games high school kids think are "epic".

Mr_Delcroix posted...

Exactly what I said earlier.