Child of Light has framerate drops on XB1

#11-FryShakeWad-Posted 5/12/2014 6:28:14 AM
It would matter if it had happened to me but it hasn't.
---
The spirit of The Ultimate Warrior will run forever! - James Brian Hellwig (R.I.P)
XBL: FryShakeWad PSN: fryshakewad
#12LooksLikeRainPosted 5/12/2014 7:00:21 AM
I almost took the bait, but then I looked at the username. You almost got me.
---
For the love of god, stop saying 'whilst.'
#13Kupo_Mog_KupoPosted 5/12/2014 7:10:34 AM
It had a tiny tiny tiny drop at the beginning and a small one toward the end. Nothing big at all TBQH.
#14dnmtPosted 5/12/2014 7:11:33 AM
Kupo_Mog_Kupo posted...
It had a tiny tiny tiny drop at the beginning and a small one toward the end. Nothing big at all TBQH.

Kinda weird there are any drops at all though, isn't it? It's just a 2d game and even the 360 and PS3 are running it at a solid 60fps.
#15Kupo_Mog_KupoPosted 5/12/2014 7:16:16 AM(edited)
Nah not really. I mean I played through the game on X1 and didn't notice any. So either it never gets bad or I wasn't paying that much attention.
#16LooksLikeRainPosted 5/12/2014 7:16:19 AM(edited)
dnmt posted...
Kupo_Mog_Kupo posted...

Kinda weird there are any drops at all though, isn't it? It's just a 2d game and even the 360 and PS3 are running it at a solid 60fps.

Yeah it's insane that a game running a bit smoother on consoles that people have 10 years experience coding for than on a console that came out 6 months ago. So weird.

EDIT: Baited by dnmt.
---
For the love of god, stop saying 'whilst.'
#17dnmtPosted 5/12/2014 7:18:07 AM
LooksLikeRain posted...
dnmt posted...
Kupo_Mog_Kupo posted...

Yeah it's insane that a game running a bit smoother on consoles that people have 10 years experience coding for than on a console that came out 6 months ago. So weird.

This isn't Battlefield or Uncharted we're talking about; it's a little indie game that every system it's on can run it flawlessly except for the Xbone. It's odd is all I'm saying.
#18SoulTrapperPosted 5/12/2014 7:23:13 AM
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-child-of-light-face-off

That said, seeing frame-rate drops in a 2D title is rather disappointing and not something we'd expect to see on modern hardware with plenty of pixel-pushing power behind it.
We do wonder whether sticking with native 1080p may have been a preferable solution overall on Xbox One.
#19Kupo_Mog_KupoPosted 5/12/2014 7:31:16 AM(edited)
dnmt posted...
LooksLikeRain posted...
dnmt posted...
Kupo_Mog_Kupo posted...

This isn't Battlefield or Uncharted we're talking about; it's a little indie game that every system it's on can run it flawlessly except for the Xbone. It's odd is all I'm saying.

Except those older systems run it at 720p and do have small problems. So they didn't exactly run it flawlessly either. It said that in the article.

The Xbox 360, PS3 and Wii U versions hold up equally well against each other and feature the same high-quality assets and effects work as their PS4 and Xbox One counterparts, although the 720p resolution is a little disappointing, impacting on the clarity and fine detail of the artwork.
#20AenimaGenesisPosted 5/12/2014 7:31:51 AM
SoulTrapper posted...
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-child-of-light-face-off

That said, seeing frame-rate drops in a 2D title is rather disappointing and not something we'd expect to see on modern hardware with plenty of pixel-pushing power behind it.
We do wonder whether sticking with native 1080p may have been a preferable solution overall on Xbox One.

lol so the Xbox One can't even run this at 1080p properly?