Sniper Elite 3 Gameplay Trailer Introduces You To New-Gen X-Ray Kills.

#1Dev445Posted 5/12/2014 6:31:01 AM(edited)
We had a chance to go hands-on with Sniper Elite 3 at PAX East, and the upgrades to mission design and AI have us pretty excited about where the series is headed. In a new trailer, youíll get to see some of what we did.

The Sniper Elite series has become known for its brutal and gruesome x-ray kills, but the franchise is much more than that. Sniper Elite 3 introduces levels that are more open and encourage creativity and player choice.

There are nooks and crannies that allow you to get the jump on patrols and overwatch guards, sniper perches that function a bit like Assassinís Creed viewpoints, and enemy AI that is both clever and more realistic (we covered this last one in our preview). The title arrives just in time for the most patriotic of holidays. You can see more in the video above.

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/sniper_elite_3/b/pc/archive/2014/05/10/sniper-elite-3-gameplay-trailer-introduces-you-to-new-gen-x-ray-kills.aspx

I wasn't feeling it at first but I like the X-Ray kills, may have to pick this up
---
"You all say you want to be human, but why would you want to become something so flawed" - Edward Elric - FullMetal Alchemist
GT: ThatBoyNice247
#2-FryShakeWad-Posted 5/12/2014 6:31:48 AM
Cant wait. V2 was sweet.
---
The spirit of The Ultimate Warrior will run forever! - James Brian Hellwig (R.I.P)
XBL: FryShakeWad PSN: fryshakewad
#3PoweredMilkManPosted 5/12/2014 6:34:48 AM
How was the other Sniper games, never got to play them. I see that they have the games for 20 bucks at walmart
---
XBL/PSN/WiiU/Steam - bloodandbourbon
#4-FryShakeWad-Posted 5/12/2014 6:35:27 AM
Like i said V2 is sweet.
---
The spirit of The Ultimate Warrior will run forever! - James Brian Hellwig (R.I.P)
XBL: FryShakeWad PSN: fryshakewad
#5RonBurgundy929Posted 5/12/2014 6:47:21 AM
I thought V2 was very good. Nazi Zombie Army was even better. I can't wait to play this game.
---
Xbox One & PS4: RonBurgundy929
#6TheMuffinPosted 5/12/2014 7:14:32 AM
Sniper Elite V2 was pretty okay. It had some serious issues with enemies seeing you through walls or from 4 miles away for no reason. And the environment was scaled weird as well. All the doors, windows and stairs seemed to have been made for a Sasquatch or something because they were about 1.5X the size of what they should be.

The bullet mechanics were really cool but the enemy AI was relentless once they saw you.
---
MonicasBack ~This is an interesting topic, I could imagine my mom or someone else who has zero knowledge of games making it.
#7pblimp360Posted 5/12/2014 7:55:20 AM
I've always wondered about this game honestly. This one looks interesting, but the animation could use some work I'd say. I may check it out.
---
Death isn't the exit of existence. It's the entrance into eternity. R.I.P Zora Nelson 3/6/13 Forever loved
#8nableetPosted 5/12/2014 8:04:23 AM
Yeah, the enemy seeing you was ridiculous. Trying to snipe after being spotted was quite difficult as well. The level design wasn't great either, I was hoping for bigger cities with more options on how to approach the level.

Hopefully V3 is a better game.
---
GT: Tyfighta23. PSN: Tee_Doff
#9BansDontWorkPosted 5/12/2014 8:34:59 AM
Testicles
---
I feast on that control method you call Karma.
#10ComradeRyanPosted 5/12/2014 9:23:26 AM
I am definitely picking up Sniper Elite 3 when the price drops down to $20.00 USD.
---
We must reverse Citizens United, Restore our Democracy, and Save the Republic. Join the Fight for Free and Fair Elections in America!
http://www.wolf-pac.com