Anyone else see Microsoft reps at Gamestop next to the X1's this past weekend?

#1BaronVladzPosted 5/12/2014 10:23:59 AM
Stopped in to Gamestop this weekend and saw a dude with a green Microsoft polo and slacks, carrying a clipboard and standing around the X1 display. I think Forza was playing on the system. Didn't have time to ask him about anything as I was in a hurry and he was chatting with a parent and child. Anyone else see the MS reps or know what they're doing?
#2Reflex-ArcPosted 5/12/2014 10:28:44 AM
GS was holding an Xbox One event, company wide I believe, over the weekend. Somebody posted a flyer here for it last week.
---
Case | Mother Board | CPU (OC'd!) | Video Card x 2 | RAM | PSU | SSD | HDD | Some Fans | Monitor | Mouse | Keyboard
#3snakes_codecPosted 5/12/2014 10:32:29 AM
Please buy the Xb1 the Japanese are beating us in our own country.
#4TentanmanPosted 5/12/2014 10:36:55 AM(edited)
There's a microsoft rep, Nintendo rep, and Sony rep that visit every gamestop monthly. They check up on advertising, update interactives and hand out free stuff usually.

Yeah there was a small xbone sale but it wasn't a big enough deal to send reps out since it was through game stop and not MS.

I wouldn't read into it at all.
---
BRING BACK CRASH BANDICOOT!
#5Kovifan27Posted 5/12/2014 10:37:20 AM
I wonder if the sales reps are gamers themselves or just people who needed a job. It's amazing to me some people in sales have no clue what they are selling be it cars, stereos, computers etc etc
#6Tajaz2426Posted 5/12/2014 10:40:14 AM
They were at mine also. You have to realize when you are trying to play catch-up, you have to change your advertising strategy and become more aggressive.

It's in every business model, it's been done by many companies before this and will be done by many more in the future.
#7TentanmanPosted 5/12/2014 10:40:45 AM
Kovifan27 posted...
I wonder if the sales reps are gamers themselves or just people who needed a job. It's amazing to me some people in sales have no clue what they are selling be it cars, stereos, computers etc etc

I'm a gamestop manager. Been here long enough to chat with the reps. They get all the first party games for free and apparently it's pretty hard to get hired by Nintendo but that guy is totally a gamer. He's an awesome guy all around. We've got a well versed girl from Microsoft who doesn't strike me as a gamer but more a tech savvy employee and then Sony has another girl who says she plays most of what she gets (uncharted is her favorite) then gives it to her roommate.
---
#8HorridhalPosted 5/12/2014 10:42:10 AM
snakes_codec posted...
Please buy the Xb1 the Japanese are beating us in our own country.

Thank you for the laugh.
---
I'm not the nicest person you'll meet.
Have a real point please.
#9MRL3G3NDPosted 5/12/2014 10:43:33 AM
if it is some new strategy...it's the wrong one

how about you fix your product, and correct the price

video gamers are the most vocal consumers...listen to them

if you build it they will come...

if you bs them they will not
---
WU-TANG vs BF4
http://youtu.be/TVmvMvJ67zo
#10TentanmanPosted 5/12/2014 10:45:31 AM(edited)
Lol all you people. It's no strategy they go to every gamestop every month. Even Sony. Doesn't make them desperate it's marketing.
---