A question about indies on xbox and PS4

#11NCPwnPosted 5/12/2014 11:46:19 AM
Jedi454 posted...
The only indies that matter are quality indies, Sony is letting every man and his dog create indies for their console, so that throws their trophy system out of whack and there will be no way of filtering out the bad indies from the good, so you end up with a marketplace like Steam with outright broken titles.

Not that trophies matter, but many PS3 indie games had 100% trophies but not Platinum ones.
---
Top 10 Favorite games of all time (in order):
The Last of Us, NIER, Zelda WW, Secret of Mana, Zelda OoT, Rainbow Moon, DAOC, MAG, Tachyon, Myst
#12GeistPosted 5/12/2014 11:47:23 AM
kcypher2000 posted...
Then people should not mock the ouya or mobile games, people should never whine about minor resolution differences and ponies should never claim MS abandoned the 360 considering it had over 3000 "games".

No, people should definitely mock mobile games, that's just a give in at this point.
---
For I am the Kwisatz Haderach!
#13mokmuudPosted 5/12/2014 11:48:13 AM
BaronVladz posted...
bushidoblitzz posted...
I hear a lot of people talking about how indies don't matter on PS4 since they didn't matter on 360.

So on 360, are people lumping the indie games under the indies section, in the same category as the Xbox Arcade titles?

A game like Extreme Baby Maker is no way in the same league as a game like Bastion. Both may be considered "indies" but there is a reason they were separate in the marketplace.

To me those games like Extreme Baby Maker don't count, they are on the same level as 99 cent iphone games.

So by saying indies don't matter, you are saying games like Shadow Complex and Resogun are don't matter crap games?

Indies are games created by independent developers with a much smaller budget than AAA titles; at least that's my definition. It seems people define indie however they wish nowadays. All I know is that I treat indies like any other set of games; there are good ones and there are bad ones. ie Resogun and Outlast are awesome; Stick it to the Man is not.

Well an indie game can have a AAA budget.
---
PSN: Mokmuud live gamertag: Fumokmuud NNID: Mokmuud 3DS FC: 3222-6547-9539
#14PorungaPosted 5/12/2014 11:53:21 AM
mokmuud posted...
BaronVladz posted...
bushidoblitzz posted...
I hear a lot of people talking about how indies don't matter on PS4 since they didn't matter on 360.

So on 360, are people lumping the indie games under the indies section, in the same category as the Xbox Arcade titles?

A game like Extreme Baby Maker is no way in the same league as a game like Bastion. Both may be considered "indies" but there is a reason they were separate in the marketplace.

To me those games like Extreme Baby Maker don't count, they are on the same level as 99 cent iphone games.

So by saying indies don't matter, you are saying games like Shadow Complex and Resogun are don't matter crap games?

Indies are games created by independent developers with a much smaller budget than AAA titles; at least that's my definition. It seems people define indie however they wish nowadays. All I know is that I treat indies like any other set of games; there are good ones and there are bad ones. ie Resogun and Outlast are awesome; Stick it to the Man is not.

Well an indie game can have a AAA budget.

Look at Mighty Number 9 for an example of that.
#15kcypher2000Posted 5/12/2014 11:57:07 AM
Geist posted...
kcypher2000 posted...
Then people should not mock the ouya or mobile games, people should never whine about minor resolution differences and ponies should never claim MS abandoned the 360 considering it had over 3000 "games".

No, people should definitely mock mobile games, that's just a give in at this point.

Some mobile games are better then indies on consoles. So either all games count or not.
#16GeistPosted 5/12/2014 12:04:25 PM
It was a joke.
---
For I am the Kwisatz Haderach!