Watch Dogs Xbox One Res Not Confirmed, Sony Quietly Removes 1080p 60fps Site

#11Exodus_Prime(Topic Creator)Posted 5/12/2014 2:01:44 PM
Tajaz2426 posted...
Why do they always wait so long to release XBox One resolutions? Is it that they are still working on it, or to keep preorders up as much as they can before they state it.

I find it weird to say the least.

That is a good question.
---
"Trolls are the dudebros of Gamefaqs. They just don't realize it." - curtland
Xbox One-PlayStation 4-Xbox 360-PS3-Vita
#12Tajaz2426Posted 5/12/2014 2:05:12 PM
Exodus_Prime posted...
Tajaz2426 posted...
Why do they always wait so long to release XBox One resolutions? Is it that they are still working on it, or to keep preorders up as much as they can before they state it.

That is a good question.

It's happened on quite a few games this gen, but it can't be on Microsoft, I'd assume it's on the developers to state what the resolution is. Unless Microsoft can ask them to hold on something, which I don't think they would do.
---
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.
Ronald Reagan, PotUS
#13kennyynnooPosted 5/12/2014 2:06:13 PM
Real question is has this game gone gold yet? Seems odd but I know gran Turismo 6 went gold like 10 days before it's release but you'd think this game was with the dlc already made.
---
Xbox one, PS3, Wii
Play for the games not the evil corporation, they're all evil in the end.
#14TheeLeehamPosted 5/12/2014 2:06:59 PM
Exodus_Prime posted...
Tajaz2426 posted...

That is a good question.

Probably because most people don't care. Last gen I didn't know what the resolution of any game was. This gen, through no fault of my own, I seem to know all of them.
#15Tajaz2426Posted 5/12/2014 2:08:37 PM
TheeLeeham posted...
Exodus_Prime posted...
Tajaz2426 posted...

That is a good question.

Probably because most people don't care. Last gen I didn't know what the resolution of any game was. This gen, through no fault of my own, I seem to know all of them.

The developers have been holding it back for the XBox One and they stayed last gen as well for games. I don't give a hoot what it is, I was just wandering why the developer always holds the Xbox One resolution back.
---
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.
Ronald Reagan, PotUS
#16PorungaPosted 5/12/2014 2:08:47 PM
Chances are that the information Sony posted was correct, but was not something Ubisoft wished to reveal at this time, and asked them to remove it. That being said, there is no information one way or the other that Xbox One would have a different resolution and/or frame rate than the PS4 version. It might be, it might not.. we don't know. It is all assumptions at the moment. I just think Ubisoft didn't want that info out there yet. Why, I couldn't say.
#17squarex8264Posted 5/12/2014 2:12:30 PM
TheeLeeham posted...
Exodus_Prime posted...
Tajaz2426 posted...

That is a good question.

I would also guess it's because most people don't care about resolutions. Also, upping a game's resolution is done during the optimization phase at the end of development. I'm sure all multiplat games start at 720p or less with 10 fps or so. Then through optimizations, they try to raise framerate or hit resolution topics.

So, most devs don't want to confirm to a resolution until they hit it. And Microsoft doesn't want to announce it beforehand for a multiplat, because they are not the ones optimizing the game. You could even raise the resolution via a software patch.
---
"You guys can sig that if you want." -TheArcade
#18Exodus_Prime(Topic Creator)Posted 5/12/2014 2:12:39 PM
TheeLeeham posted...
Exodus_Prime posted...
Tajaz2426 posted...

That is a good question.

Is it just me or has PC been doing 1080p 60FPS for the last 5 to 7 years already? it's such a big deal now a days.
---
"Trolls are the dudebros of Gamefaqs. They just don't realize it." - curtland
Xbox One-PlayStation 4-Xbox 360-PS3-Vita
#19Kupo_Mog_KupoPosted 5/12/2014 2:14:35 PM
http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Watch-Dogs-960p-Xbox-One-4K-PC-Graphics-Heavily-Downgraded-62655.html

Did that happen or not?
#20TheeLeehamPosted 5/12/2014 2:18:21 PM
Exodus_Prime posted...
TheeLeeham posted...
Exodus_Prime posted...
Tajaz2426 posted...

That is a good question.

Is it just me or has PC been doing 1080p 60FPS for the last 5 to 7 years already? it's such a big deal now a days.

Its just that hollow victory that fanboys cling to this gen. If a developer came out and said the up button on the dpad had been better optimized on the xbox one and was therefor more accurate there would be 10+ topics about it.