Amazon still selling Xbox One Day One edition, good or bad sign?

#1Megamushroom666Posted 5/12/2014 3:04:14 PM(edited)
Amazon still selling Xbox One Day One edition, good or bad sign? - Results (157 votes)
Good
20.38% (32 votes)
Bad
79.62% (125 votes)
This poll is now closed.
To my surprise, I received an email earlier today from Amazon.com advertising the Xbox One Day One edition. Weren't these supposed to be sold out on day one? What is this about?

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-One-Console-Day-Edition/dp/B00CMQTVK0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1399932206&sr=8-1&keywords=day+one+xbox+one

They are going for $466.
---
Girl gets gangsta with a shovel: youtu.be/xi-WLSEUV4U
www.SNACKEROO.com - Snacks on camera.
#2SearchmanV16Posted 5/12/2014 3:06:58 PM
Well, the only fear is the disc drive not working. You can sell the day one branded stuff for a lot more than what you paid for sure.
---
Let's go Heat, Jaguars, Panthers, Canes, and Yankees.
Current Devices: Galaxy Note 3, iPad Mini, and PS4.
#3kennyynnooPosted 5/12/2014 3:09:56 PM
Nobody wants an old console, personally if I saw one I would avoid it if I was looking to get one. I know it's new but it's the first built ones, I'd rather have whomever makes them more experienced model then the first batch. I used to rebuild engines for Mazda, my first few hundred were nowhere near as good as my 500+ engines later.
---
Xbox one, PS3, Wii
Play for the games not the evil corporation, they're all evil in the end.
#4youngskillzPosted 5/12/2014 3:11:44 PM
SearchmanV16 posted...
Well, the only fear is the disc drive not working. You can sell the day one branded stuff for a lot more than what you paid for sure.

tell that to all the scalpers on ebay.
---
Metal Bands OTM -- Arch Enemy, Aborted, Eye of the Enemy, The Wake, Exhortation, Deals Death, Mechanical God Creation, Fractal Gates, Destinity, Isolated.
#5IzraeilPosted 5/12/2014 3:11:52 PM
Didn't amazon have only one of these left in stock last week, now they have 19...
#6MrImpatient35Posted 5/12/2014 3:16:11 PM
9 times out of 10, before I make a post, I check to see if it has already been made. This topic has been brought up several times a few days ago. This has been done before...by a poll too.
---
FML
#7scoobydoobydontPosted 5/12/2014 3:24:56 PM
It isn't a sign of anything one way or another. Limited edition consoles often last longer than you would think depending on how limited it actually was. You could get the Halo 360 for a long ass time, but the Star Wars one sold pretty quick I think. More Day Ones were made than there was demand for, other Xbones are still managing to get sold. Not everyone wants Day One stamped on their console, its the kind of LE that you only want if you were really there day one. Now the only purpose of them is if you want the dumb achievement, and even most cheevo hunters aren't going to pay $460 all these months later just for that.
---
http://i.imgur.com/MBPlg7Z.jpg
#8Gillian SeedPosted 5/12/2014 3:26:21 PM
At this point it doesn't mean anything. Around launch when there were still Day Ones available you could predict there wouldn't be high demand for the console. But now why would someone choose a Day One console over an Xbox One that comes with a free copy of Titan Fall or are on sale; possibly both? Those Day Ones are always going to be there because there are now better packages to buy.

Izraeil posted...
Didn't amazon have only one of these left in stock last week, now they have 19...

That particular third-party seller has 19 available. I'm not sure how many Amazon has, but they do have some.
#9RaRitsujunPosted 5/12/2014 3:54:25 PM
Poor bone. =(((
---
18735 XBL Gamerscores | 49 PSN Platinums - Level 26 | 7101 AppleGC pts
Demon's Souls and DARK SOULS are the real videogames.
#10Megamushroom666(Topic Creator)Posted 5/12/2014 3:58:56 PM
kennyynnoo posted...
Nobody wants an old console, personally if I saw one I would avoid it if I was looking to get one. I know it's new but it's the first built ones, I'd rather have whomever makes them more experienced model then the first batch. I used to rebuild engines for Mazda, my first few hundred were nowhere near as good as my 500+ engines later.

So are you saying that Day One editions are more likely to have faulty disc drives because they were the first ones made? Makes sense.
---
Girl gets gangsta with a shovel: youtu.be/xi-WLSEUV4U
www.SNACKEROO.com - Snacks on camera.