Amazon still selling Xbox One Day One edition, good or bad sign?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Amazon still selling Xbox One Day One edition, good or bad sign?
1 year ago#21
cloudtheprophet posted...
Izraeil posted...
Didn't amazon have only one of these left in stock last week, now they have 19...

Probably scalpers returning unsold consoles. Amazon also does distribution for other retailers too. So that might be part of it. I do believe all the day one consoles were sold day one. But how much of that was scalpers that couldn't sell all that they bought.

You only have 30 days to return an unopened product I believe...Once an item is returned, it is sent to Amazon Warehouse and sold at discount depending on the condition (sometimes at full retail price, but still from Amazon Warehouse, which is slightly different than Amazon themselves).
1 year ago#22
I didn't vote cause it's not a sign of anything. When I bought my Xbone amazon the only day one consoles they had were overpriced bundles.
---
NNID: cloudtheprophet Xbox Live: Cloudtheprophet
1 year ago#23
SparkItUp posted...
Herbylurch posted...
You try way too hard with these troll topics.
Wouldn't you rather spend that time playing games?

How is it a troll topic? Considering they were supposed to be Day One only...do you not find it surprising to see them 6 months later still being sold by retailers?

No. If I'm going to buy an Xbox One today I'm not going to buy a $500 Day One edition. I'd buy a $500 Free Titan Fall edition. I'd be more surprised if those Day Ones started to sell out. Why would anyone choose a version that doesn't come with a free game?
1 year ago#24
Gillian Seed posted...
SparkItUp posted...
Herbylurch posted...

How is it a troll topic? Considering they were supposed to be Day One only...do you not find it surprising to see them 6 months later still being sold by retailers?

No. If I'm going to buy an Xbox One today I'm not going to buy a $500 Day One edition. I'd buy a $500 Free Titan Fall edition. I'd be more surprised if those Day Ones started to sell out. Why would anyone choose a version that doesn't come with a free game?

I think the question is, why are there even any day one editions left? It is kinda crazy, but they simply didn't realize the demand would be lower. It wasn't expected, going by the supply they out out there.

It's happens, I don't see it as a big deal. It is weird though.
---
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.
Ronald Reagan, PotUS
1 year ago#25
^Well I know most limited edition anythings are just that, limited edition. So it's just weird to see Day One editions still available, cause 'Day One' seems even more exclusive than limited edition IMO. Like you would've had to camp out overnight before launch day to get one. But I guess not. You can just order it online half a year later.
---
Girl gets gangsta with a shovel: youtu.be/xi-WLSEUV4U
www.SNACKEROO.com - Snacks on camera.
1 year ago#26
Megamushroom666 posted...
^Well I know most limited edition anythings are just that, limited edition. So it's just weird to see Day One editions still available, cause 'Day One' seems even more exclusive than limited edition IMO. Like you would've had to camp out overnight before launch day to get one. But I guess not. You can just order it online half a year later.

It could simply be that amazon had an over abundance of them and with the day one edition being the same price as the regular, it's possible people didn't even realize there was a day one edition.

Just a theory, though.
---
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.
Ronald Reagan, PotUS
1 year ago#27
Are they flippers?

They buy them on day 1, hold for 6 months and sell it for $700 because of day 1 achievement.
1 year ago#28
SparkItUp posted...
Herbylurch posted...

I was surprised the first time someone made a topic about this. 15 or so rehashes later? Not so much.
---
For the love of god, stop saying 'whilst.'
1 year ago#29
SearchmanV16 posted...
Well, the only fear is the disc drive not working. You can sell the day one branded stuff for a lot more than what you paid for sure.

If that were true there wouldn't be any left on Amazon from the original sellers. They've been selling at a loss on EBay which is why there is no demand for them.
---
I can't believe I've been here this long....
1 year ago#30
Herbylurch posted...

Trolling is a game though.
---
I can't believe I've been here this long....
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Amazon still selling Xbox One Day One edition, good or bad sign?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived