Gold requirement apps may be removed in June

#11jasonkingmarkPosted 5/12/2014 4:22:58 PM
Honestly who has an xbox one without xbox live gold? Probably 10-15 people in this world? I never understood the complaint about apps being locked for gold. If you can shell out the money for this system a subscription really shouldnt be a problem.

Or am i missing something?
#12TBONE_OGPosted 5/12/2014 4:24:42 PM(edited)
nickr2d2 posted...
It'd be good if it was removed, but it wouldn't really affect me either way.

Like I've said many times... when I first paid for Xbox Live, it was 50 bucks to play online. That's it.

That is still the only reason I pay. Everything else is just a nice bonus.

That being said, I agree with nickr2d2. It seems odd to charge for those apps you can have for free with other machines nowadays. And it would be nice if they did this for 360 too.

I don't think MS needs to add anything really. If they did add something, add adobe flashplayer. I tried to stream NBC sports LIVE stream and it wouldn't work on Xbox. Boo!
---
Always O.G.
#13LostOdyssey17Posted 5/12/2014 4:25:17 PM
jasonkingmark posted...
Honestly who has an xbox one without xbox live gold? Probably 10-15 people in this world? I never understood the complaint about apps being locked for gold. If you can shell out the money for this system a subscription really shouldnt be a problem.

Its the families who see it more as a media box. "This thing can voice control my cable, music and has netflix etc? Cool! Oh it needs 60$ a year subscription? Pass."
---
I like to think I make some pretty good topics and posts, until they get modded shortly after.
#14SonyPonyTonyPosted 5/12/2014 4:28:24 PM
LostOdyssey17 posted...
Horridhal posted...
Unlikely.

Trollidhal strikes again.

T minus 5 minutes before Trollidhal claims to be persecuted for not liking the X1 and cries before telling us all we're big meanies
---
http://minus.com/lbfiUvu5vxhhzA
#15SomboSteelPosted 5/12/2014 4:29:14 PM
LostOdyssey17 posted...
Horridhal posted...
Unlikely.

Lol
#16gobuffalo30Posted 5/12/2014 4:29:54 PM
jasonkingmark posted...

You're missing something if you think the numbers are that low, even as an exaggeration.
#17HorridhalPosted 5/12/2014 4:33:04 PM
LostOdyssey17 posted...
Horridhal posted...
Unlikely.

It is unlikely they change it because people continue to pay for it the way it currently is.

I appreciate the moniker, good to see honesty =trolling on this board still.
---
I'm not the nicest person you'll meet.
Have a real point please.
#18HorridhalPosted 5/12/2014 4:40:37 PM
SonyPonyTony
T minus 5 minutes before Trollidhal claims to be persecuted for not liking the X1 and cries before telling us all we're big meanies

You must have me mistaken for someone else. A fanboy's opinion, or in this case multiple fanboys, means very little to me.

Don't elevate yourself or your importance, bucko.
---
I'm not the nicest person you'll meet.
Have a real point please.
#19scoobydoobydontPosted 5/12/2014 4:58:53 PM
People should be thanking Sony, otherwise the paywall would be still there. Phil Spencer is doing damage control, and that's a good thing.
---
http://i.imgur.com/MBPlg7Z.jpg
#20SparkItUpPosted 5/12/2014 5:13:08 PM
LostOdyssey17 posted...
Horridhal posted...
Unlikely.

Has different opinion = must be trolling