Gold requirement apps may be removed in June

#21MrImpatient35Posted 5/12/2014 4:24:28 PM
You beat me to it TC. I was about to post this. This is why competition is good! The gamers win in situations like this. My live just expired today too, so this is kinda good news...I plan to re-subscribe when Watch Dogs comes out anyway, but still cool to know.
---
FML
#22lunaticcorePosted 5/12/2014 4:27:39 PM
jasonkingmark posted...
Honestly who has an xbox one without xbox live gold? Probably 10-15 people in this world? I never understood the complaint about apps being locked for gold. If you can shell out the money for this system a subscription really shouldnt be a problem.

Or am i missing something?

This is also a good reason to not have the apps behind the paywall.
Possibly does more brand damage than good with the pointless negativity it attracts. Unless there really is a lot of people out there that only keep Live for the apps.
---
--- Chilling and Killing 11 (Punching Titans) on youtube.
http://youtu.be/q4p7NCm7fng
#23SonyPonyTonyPosted 5/12/2014 4:31:37 PM
Horridhal posted...
SonyPonyTony
T minus 5 minutes before Trollidhal claims to be persecuted for not liking the X1 and cries before telling us all we're big meanies

You must have me mistaken for someone else. A fanboy's opinion, or in this case multiple fanboys, means very little to me.

Don't elevate yourself or your importance, bucko.

Bazinga! Corky played the victim right on cue
---
http://minus.com/lbfiUvu5vxhhzA
#24scoobydoobydontPosted 5/12/2014 4:33:48 PM
lunaticcore posted...
Unless there really is a lot of people out there that only keep Live for the apps.

There are plenty, actually, but it still looks bad to keep them paywalled because no one else does.

jasonkingmark posted...
Honestly who has an xbox one without xbox live gold? Probably 10-15 people in this world?

You are waaay off there. Lots of Xbox fans don't have gold, on 360 or Xbone. MP doesn't appeal to half the market, even on Xbox.
---
http://i.imgur.com/MBPlg7Z.jpg
#25HorridhalPosted 5/12/2014 4:43:33 PM
SonyPonyTony posted...
Horridhal posted...
SonyPonyTony
T minus 5 minutes before Trollidhal claims to be persecuted for not liking the X1 and cries before telling us all we're big meanies

You must have me mistaken for someone else. A fanboy's opinion, or in this case multiple fanboys, means very little to me.

Don't elevate yourself or your importance, bucko.

Bazinga! Corky played the victim right on cue

I guess reading comprehension wasn't covered in your school. Try again.
---
I'm not the nicest person you'll meet.
Have a real point please.
#26TomoEK9Posted 5/12/2014 6:28:15 PM
jasonkingmark posted...
Honestly who has an xbox one without xbox live gold? Probably 10-15 people in this world? I never understood the complaint about apps being locked for gold. If you can shell out the money for this system a subscription really shouldnt be a problem.

Or am i missing something?

Considering there are only 48mil Xbox Live users and in total about 90mil Xbox 360 and Xbone consoles combined, it seems only 50 percent of all Xbox owners make use of live.
#27GambitbuzzkillPosted 5/12/2014 6:51:18 PM
Well if this does happen what will lilj talk about.
---
Gametag-BLOODLUST66
PSN-Dalust66
#28robnixxoPosted 5/12/2014 7:01:35 PM
would make me feel a lot better about my purchase if true.
#29LostOdyssey17Posted 5/12/2014 7:07:37 PM
SparkItUp posted...
LostOdyssey17 posted...
Horridhal posted...
Unlikely.

Trollidhal strikes again.

Has different opinion = must be trolling

Having a consistent, anti xbox opinion = trolling
---
I like to think I make some pretty good topics and posts, until they get modded shortly after.
#30scoobydoobydontPosted 5/12/2014 8:46:14 PM
LostOdyssey17 posted...
SparkItUp posted...
LostOdyssey17 posted...
Horridhal posted...
Unlikely.

Trollidhal strikes again.

Has different opinion = must be trolling

Having a consistent, anti xbox opinion = trolling

In fairness, having a consistent anti-Xbox opinion would be fine if he wasn't constantly seeking out and posting in Xbox topics on an Xbox board. The troll line is crossed when you're showing up just for the purpose of being negative.
---
http://i.imgur.com/MBPlg7Z.jpg