Gold requirement apps may be removed in June

#31HorridhalPosted 5/12/2014 9:05:28 PM(edited)
scoobydoobydont posted...
LostOdyssey17 posted...
SparkItUp posted...
LostOdyssey17 posted...
Horridhal posted...
Unlikely.

Trollidhal strikes again.

Has different opinion = must be trolling

Having a consistent, anti xbox opinion = trolling

In fairness, having a consistent anti-Xbox opinion would be fine if he wasn't constantly seeking out and posting in Xbox topics on an Xbox board. The troll line is crossed when you're showing up just for the purpose of being negative.

I'm not. ^_^
---
I'm not the nicest person you'll meet.
Have a real point please.
#32jellybeanmasterPosted 5/12/2014 9:24:02 PM
Its hard to imagine it happening since people blindly pay for it anyway. If they do though it means PS4 is really getting to them
---
PSN:ProdijusX, GT:BUMBA CLAWT,
#33Homie_202Posted 5/12/2014 9:46:52 PM
It's about time they did it. They needed to back like 5 years ago on the 360.
#34Kudou_AkaiPosted 5/12/2014 10:06:36 PM
If this were to change, than i would not hold back on Xbox Live Gold, but i need more games of my interest. 3rd Person like Uncharted, Ryse, TLOU etc... Fighters and Games like Batman, Infamous and AC, open world 3rd Person. for me its the business practice im not supporting, so yeah.. remove that requirement.
---
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/The_Final_Storm.png
36 Platinums, Backlog: Batman Origins, GOW Ascension, R&C: ITN, Symphonia Chronicles HD and Uncharted 2
#35TheBonfiniPosted 5/12/2014 10:10:00 PM
Would make sense since they want to target casuals.
---
www.facebook.com/mikebonfini
Sapphic ladies - http://i.imgur.com/hU2rJ.jpg
#36lilj812Posted 5/12/2014 10:22:38 PM
Gambitbuzzkill posted...
Well if this does happen what will lilj talk about.

The horrible forced Kinect, Xbox live costing more than ps+ While offering... what exactly?

Trust me, I have lots to talk about.
---
"Worlds best heel"
"I really don't understand the irrational hatred a lot of people have for IE. It's not a bad browser." El Pollo Diablo87
#37DeadLock25Posted 5/12/2014 10:24:11 PM
TomoEK9 posted...
jasonkingmark posted...
Honestly who has an xbox one without xbox live gold? Probably 10-15 people in this world? I never understood the complaint about apps being locked for gold. If you can shell out the money for this system a subscription really shouldnt be a problem.

Or am i missing something?

Considering there are only 48mil Xbox Live users and in total about 90mil Xbox 360 and Xbone consoles combined, it seems only 50 percent of all Xbox owners make use of live.

Units sold != active accounts. And what the hell are you doing counting units of X1 AND 360 as if they need a separate account? They use one account, so having an X1 and 360 in your home with 1 GT does not mean that you have an account that does not use Live.

More importantly, you have to account for units sold more than once as a result of RROD/regular damage/new models, etc. as well as realizing that however many million units were sold to retailers != sold to consumers. You also have to realize that those 48 million XBL accounts include non gold members as well.There are too many variables to safely say how many people actually have gold compared to those who willingly do not pay for gold or dont even get on XBL to begin with. The latter are without a doubt a minority, and your 50% is simply baseless. There is just too many variables and not enough info to give an accurate estimate of the relative nature of XBLG to non gold users.
---
GT: DeadLock25
FC: 0232-8879-2244
#38SparkItUpPosted 5/12/2014 10:39:24 PM(edited)
I don't know about anyone else...but, I so could go for an Otis Spunkmeyer Blueberry Muffin...just sayin.