How come Child of Light doesn't run at a smooth 60 fps on the Xbox One?

#1BiIlGatesPosted 5/12/2014 4:38:40 PM
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-child-of-light-face-off

Other consoles don't have issues, so what's the deal? Even last gen consoles are better off.

SMH
---
# of people on Gamefaqs who have proven they will return their Xbox One due to subpar hardware, shaky financial state of MS, & lack of games to play: 23
#2Ramsus082Posted 5/12/2014 4:47:22 PM(edited)
The incentive wasn't there for the developers to put in the resources that it would take to get their game engine running at 60FPS on the XboxOne.

EDIT....running stutter-free on the XboxOne, I mean. The listed frame rate is 60fps, but it has some minor drops.
---
"Exclusives MIGHT look better on the PS4. Multiplatform games will look identical." - You
#3ThaistikPosted 5/12/2014 4:41:28 PM
You tell me, Bill gates! What's the problem ? Lazy dev's or it just must be the horrible xbox one to blame. (Sarcasm)
---
Five finger death punch
#4SonyPonyTonyPosted 5/12/2014 4:41:37 PM
On a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being the worst, how butthurt about SO and TF are you?

I'm going with a 10 because you go through alts daily, that is a LOT of mad
---
http://minus.com/lbfiUvu5vxhhzA
#5Reflex-ArcPosted 5/12/2014 4:42:58 PM
I blame sunspots. And the Masons.
---
Case | Mother Board | CPU (OC'd!) | Video Card x 2 | RAM | PSU | SSD | HDD | Some Fans | Monitor | Mouse | Keyboard
#6BiIlGates(Topic Creator)Posted 5/12/2014 4:43:16 PM
Thaistik posted...
You tell me, Bill gates! What's the problem ? Lazy dev's or it just must be the horrible xbox one to blame. (Sarcasm)

I hope we (MS) sell off the division and get out of the console race altogether. Probably better for everyone involved.
---
# of people on Gamefaqs who have proven they will return their Xbox One due to subpar hardware, shaky financial state of MS, & lack of games to play: 23
#7GeistPosted 5/12/2014 4:44:30 PM
So you did not read the article did you TC?
---
For I am the Kwisatz Haderach!
#8Kupo_Mog_KupoPosted 5/12/2014 4:45:08 PM
Geist posted...
So you did not read the article did you TC?

It seems like very few do.
#9BoomerHelllPosted 5/12/2014 4:46:35 PM
you should be asking why the 60fps doesn't run at a smooth xbox one
#10ThaistikPosted 5/12/2014 4:49:11 PM
BiIlGates posted...
Thaistik posted...

I hope we (MS) sell off the division and get out of the console race altogether. Probably better for everyone involved.

Yea your right competition is never a good thing. Just ask EA and the Madden football franchise. That's why we get such mediocre football games every year. Ever since they did away with their competition they have been putting out a stellar football game. Smh
---
Five finger death punch