Rumor: Kinectless sku announcement today

#1ElPolloDiablo87Posted 5/13/2014 7:51:39 AM
https://twitter.com/MCVonline/status/466227690878808064

If true it would be a smart move by MS. I really like my kinect but there really aren't any compelling gaming experiences for it, and taking it out of the bundle and lowering the price may help to close the gap with PS4.
---
Madre de Dios, es El Pollo Diablo!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E28WrhpTzQA
#2cheezedadadaPosted 5/13/2014 7:52:31 AM
Someone flag down lilj!
---
XBL- cheezedadada PSN- cheezedadadada
PC, Xbox One, PS4 and everything else.
#3attackslugPosted 5/13/2014 7:53:45 AM
Phil Spencer putting in that work.
---
www.attackslug.com
#4kingofjamaicaPosted 5/13/2014 7:54:17 AM(edited)
Kinectless SKU at $400 and I might pick one up in the near future. Would prefer $350 though since it should be cheaper than its more powerful competitor.
---
At some point, you're going to have to talk to a tree and do what it says. - Arbor Day Rule, Grand List of RPG Cliches.
#5AzaneAzerPosted 5/13/2014 7:54:42 AM(edited)
I'd feel bad for all the people who bought the doorstop for 100$, because it's guaranteeing the death of Kinect Development if they unbundle it, since they already aren't producing enough Kinect Content, with it being an assumed 100% peripheral.

Anyways, every Internet Business Major with a degree in BS knew they should have never made it mandatory in the first place.

This will also allow them to sell more Overseas, as some countries like Germany deem the Kinect illegal because it has the ability to spy on people (Not debating if it does or not, It has the ability)

So, Is E3 this year going to mostly be "Ya, we're reverting this bad thing from last year" type deals, since it sounds like removing Kinect and Paywall are priorities?
#6da_StoOgePosted 5/13/2014 7:54:56 AM
Nah. It won't work without one. It NEEDS Kinect.

Said me never.
---
Being modded without reason since 2035.
#7nableetPosted 5/13/2014 7:56:13 AM
Going to be a lot of crow eaten by some of you kinect defenders if true :-) "it will never happen!!" etc etc.

Fingers crossed.
---
GT: Tyfighta23. PSN: Tee_Doff
#8InjusticeRebornPosted 5/13/2014 7:57:41 AM
I may be in the minority, but I don't think removing Kinect will help at all with shifting more consoles. :/
---
"I love my PS4 but Sony could kick the fan-boys in the throat and they would call it a neck-massage." - a PS4 gamer
#9mcsmellingtonPosted 5/13/2014 7:58:05 AM
I wouldn't mind too much, as long as they don't neglect to keep improving its use in the dashboard and stuff. I don't care about it in games, but for usability stuff it's been brilliant.
---
GT: McPoo Friend Code: 0146-9590-6349
PSN/NNID: McSmellington
#10AzaneAzerPosted 5/13/2014 7:59:30 AM(edited)
nableet posted...
Going to be a lot of crow eaten by some of you kinect defenders if true :-) "it will never happen!!" etc etc.

Fingers crossed.

We had the same people defending DRM and the other insane powertrips MS execs like Don had before they got fired, I don't think it's the first time we get the "It can't just be switched off" style, the Kinect is already being unplugged by so many people.

It will allow them to ebay their kinects off to people who buy this version, since they can undercut the difference.

InjusticeReborn posted...
I may be in the minority, but I don't think removing Kinect will help at all with shifting more consoles. :/

It's common sense that a lower price will sell more consoles.