I think people forget the point of being an early adopter

#1TinyTankXPosted 5/13/2014 9:05:08 AM(edited)
You get to have something new the first day it's released. Those who have the day one edition from reserving or getting the console the day it was released have had more time with it than us.

If you know how pricing works, systems always get price drops and eventually new updated models.

It's like getting a car. I have a 2011 Mustang. That new 2014 Mustang looks pretty sweet, but should I feel bad for not having the new one for probably the same price I got my car? Of course not.

If you would have waited for the 360 to become what it is now, you would have missed out on a lot of games that were more active back in the day, such as Call of Duty 4.

Also, Microsoft owes their early adopters nothing. You are not entitled to anything.
#2hellslingerPosted 5/13/2014 8:54:43 AM
Yep, as is the cost of being one. Always find it funny when a price drop happens or a new model comes out of a device they always ***** acting like this is a crime against them.
---
http://i.imgur.com/0nnGT1c.jpg
3DS FC - 3067-5153-3741
#3dnmtPosted 5/13/2014 8:56:34 AM
I don't think anyone expected the price to drop so damn soon, though.
#4TinyTankX(Topic Creator)Posted 5/13/2014 8:56:54 AM
Hearing about the new price drop should technically anger me since I bought my Xbox One two days ago ha ha. But I've been having an amazing time with it and Kinect is pretty nifty, so I'm in no way bothered by the new price drop Microsoft announced.

I suppose it just depends on what you value things to be. To those who hate Kinect, this is perfect for them.
#5nothingbeastPosted 5/13/2014 8:57:51 AM
Stop falling victim to needing to buy "the new hotness".

It's not even a question that a product will change and try to improve as the public finds all the problems that are no longer beta tested. Issues get resolved and the product gets better as time goes by. (hopefully)

You absolutely are owed nothing for being a first buyer. You got your toys first while the rest of us waited for a better deal. The only thing stopping you from doing the same is yourself.
---
~I was stomping goombas and saving princesses long before most of you were born.
#6cmincPosted 5/13/2014 8:58:19 AM
Youre talking to people that 1) are just here to make themselves feel better about having nothing but indies on their ps4's and 2) don't do much thinking to begin with, man.

Don't misunderstand. Your logic is solid and certainly true. Youre just saying it to people that have no interest in saying or hearing anything that isnt negative about ms and xbox.
---
MSI Z87-G45 | I7-4771 Turbo | GTX 770 4GB GDDR5 | Corsair HX 850W |
Kingston Hyper X 8GB DDR3 | Seagate 1TB 128 MB Cache HD | RS Challenger Case |
#7TinyTankX(Topic Creator)Posted 5/13/2014 8:58:27 AM
dnmt posted...

True. I think this happened with the 3DS originally. Nintendo fortunately gave ambassador status to early adopters. Perhaps, and I do mean perhaps, Microsoft could always do something nice for the rest of us.

It's unlikely, but it's always possible.
#8countrymacPosted 5/13/2014 8:59:49 AM
I early adopted a PS4 and wasn't forced to buy a camera for $100 more.
#9Enigma149Posted 5/13/2014 9:01:09 AM
dnmt posted...

Why not? It's been what - about 6 months?

The Gamecube, N64, and Xbox all had price cuts at 6 months after launch. The PS1 and PS3 each received one at 8, and the 3DS got one at 5.

Ironically, the systems that bombed completely - the Wii U, Dreamcast, and Saturn - didn't get price cuts until later (months 10, 11, and 12, respectively). I think pretty much everyone has to expect price cuts within the first several months - the only systems to not get them were the PS2 and Wii.
---
"The winner is the gamer who gets to play all of the games, and the game developer who is recognized for the great games they made." -Retroxgamer0
#10regsantotomasPosted 5/13/2014 9:01:50 AM
Agree with topic. And I will continue to be an early adopter on technology and gadgets.
---
the bitter truth is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. ~ Anton Ego