Way to fool the fans Microsoft.....

#41badmanneilPosted 5/15/2014 10:43:11 PM
VoidBeyond posted...
Their fault for buying early.

I really want to slap the **** out of you and every other ignorant fanboy for saying stuff like this. So you're saying it is our fault for buying a console at launch and supporting Microsoft after they promised the kinect would be supported- games would be made for it, and it complete the all in ONE experience?

I should be able to take my kinect to the M$ store and get a $100 gift card. I'll never buy another M$ console ever again.
#42pobbesPosted 5/15/2014 10:46:22 PM
badmanneil posted...
VoidBeyond posted...

I really want to slap the **** out of you and every other ignorant fanboy for saying stuff like this. So you're saying it is our fault for buying a console at launch and supporting Microsoft after they promised the kinect would be supported- games would be made for it, and it complete the all in ONE experience?

I should be able to take my kinect to the M$ store and get a $100 gift card. I'll never buy another M$ console ever again.

you mean you couldn't tell they didn't know what they were doing with the whole #dealwithit and DRM scenario?
#43Run_2_the_HillsPosted 5/15/2014 10:51:33 PM
badmanneil posted...
VoidBeyond posted...

Your alarms didn't go off when they were doing all these 180s? Don't buy a MS console, there's others.
#44TenzhiPosted 5/15/2014 10:59:54 PM
Seemed pretty likely to me that they would eventually put out an XBOne sans-Kinect, though I wasn't expecting it to happen til at least near the end of the year. So I went ahead and picked one up and then a bit more than a week later they make the announcement. I'm hoping that Gamestop will start to take the Kinect 2.0 in trade at some point, but I ain't bitter, in any case.

Game-wise, the Kinect seemed to largely be getting novelty/niche support despite being bundled in which is about what it gets when it isn't bundled in. So it doesn't seem like there's much to be upset about even if someone likes the thing.
---
Cheating has gone hand-in-hand with gaming for centuries. Video games in particular often have cheats built right into the game.
#45Spetsnaz420Posted 5/15/2014 11:20:48 PM
cpcjlc3 posted...
pobbes posted...
a lot of the MS fans before the announcement were going

"lolol MS won't release a kinectless bundle because they said the kinect is integral to the xbone's design"

now they're "i'm glad MS listened to it's customers. MS is great."

I agree. On the flip, a lot of Sony fans were saying, "MS needs to drop the Kinect". Now its "MS pulled another 180" You just cant please some people.

I'm a Sony fan who thinks MS made the right move

Not everyone is a troll
---
Searching for my long lost twin, is this you?
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?=2426382
#46darthmordorPosted 5/15/2014 11:42:39 PM
I own both systems, I bought the Playstation 4 at launch for one reason and it was pricing. I was mostly a Playstation gamer until the launch of the Xbox 360. Microsoft's superior online service capabilities along with exclusive titles and content made the console my primary gaming system. I decided to go ahead and purchase an Xbox One in March, I should have waited until know. I realize Microsoft felt they had to this, however were does that leave gamers who spent $499.00 or more, especially those day 1 adopters?? I'm not surprised by Microsoft's actions, however I did not expect it to happen so soon.
#47TenzhiPosted 5/16/2014 12:18:22 AM
darthmordor posted...
however were does that leave gamers who spent $499.00 or more, especially those day 1 adopters??

The same place as anyone who has ever bought a game console only to have better and/or cheaper versions come along later.
---
Cheating has gone hand-in-hand with gaming for centuries. Video games in particular often have cheats built right into the game.