At least it really is all about games now

#1aszsithPosted 5/13/2014 9:35:53 AM
Microsoft made 3 big changes today as we all know.

Removing the paywall was smart and good for consumers. Removing Kinect may prove to help increase sales with a lower price point, but switching Games with Gold to a glorified rental process is in my opinion a negative.

Now that both systems offer basically the same service (or will come June 9th) at the same price point, exclusive games should now be the biggest arguing point between the consoles once again.

This gen just became a bit more interesting from a business perspective.
---
ALL games should have a Single Player mode. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will at the same time.
#2aszsith(Topic Creator)Posted 5/13/2014 11:20:34 AM
As an owner of both consoles I feel little reason to buy multi plats on the XBOne unless they have substantial extra content. And since I don't really play online I have a feeling I'll be dropping Gold now. I didn't sign up for PS+ because a subscription rental service for arcade titles doesn't matter to me and Gold just became the same thing.

Microsoft is actually going to lose money from this consumer in the long run.

But I suspect that what they'll lose from gamers like me, they'll gain in spades from new customers if this new change in policy generates significant sales.
---
ALL games should have a Single Player mode. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will at the same time.
#3blablablax17Posted 5/13/2014 11:21:25 AM
More like about the money.
---
Stalking the GameFaqs boards since '04.