Should have been a price cut

#1El_Mariachi_484Posted 5/13/2014 10:02:39 AM
At launch, a kinectless sku at $400 would have been brilliant. Six months later, it's not going to move systems. No one was biting at 450 with a must have game, they're not going to bite now. If it were up to me, they would lower the kinect sku to $400, kinectless sku at $350. Watch those kinects fly off the shelves then with healthy sales for the 350 sku.
---
There comes a point in every young man's life when he realizes he will never be as cool as A.C. Slater
#2RyuuHou25Posted 5/13/2014 10:04:25 AM
And they'd almost certainly be losing money six months in. It will move systems, I doubt it will be enough to catch up at all, but it will move some more systems. A fair amount of people don't like Kinect, and a cheaper price even without a big name game is a good draw.
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
This is what you sound like to me when you ask something obvious/staring you in the face - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lqz_tbBr2ts
#3El_Mariachi_484(Topic Creator)Posted 5/13/2014 10:07:04 AM
THe name of the game right now should be positive associations. Yes, they'd lose money on systems sold but they'd get it in people's houses and people wouldn't resent the high premium they had to pay to get in.
---
There comes a point in every young man's life when he realizes he will never be as cool as A.C. Slater
#4RyuuHou25Posted 5/13/2014 10:10:36 AM
Companies rarely do anything for positive association. Both companies did that last gen and got deep into the hole for both of their systems for a fair amount of time. Xbox division is still climbing out of the losses that incurred them.
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
This is what you sound like to me when you ask something obvious/staring you in the face - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lqz_tbBr2ts
#5userfrigginamePosted 5/13/2014 10:13:12 AM
I'm actually more inclined to buy one now. Once they get a whole Halo collection out, consider me just about on board.

Oh, and there'll always be ppl who will downplay any move by a certain company, by saying "well, it's too late now," which I think is just ridiculous since you usually don't sell most of your consoles within the first year.
#6El_Mariachi_484(Topic Creator)Posted 5/13/2014 10:13:17 AM
I'd argue the main reason either company is still afloat today is because of positive associations with last generation. Consider that both have sparse libraries after 6 months , yet are still selling strong. It's because people are investing in having a similar experience they had last gen.
---