After today's news, I'm even more excited for E3

#1supermoc10Posted 5/13/2014 9:23:41 AM
I'm of course talking about Microsoft's decision to release a Kinectless SKU for the Xbox One. First of all, that just means I'll buy an Xbox One sooner rather than later probably this (probably this June). However, it's obvious this a competition-driven move by MS (which once again shows why competition is crucial to the gaming industry) which means that we'll probably see something from Sony to try to get an advantage on MS again. Maybe they'll announce more games than planned at E3 (and more AAA). Finally, this also means that MS announced this now to make room for game announcements at E3 which is simply fantastic.

It's a great time to be a gamer!
---
PSN & Xbox Live: supermoc10
"Mr Zurkon does NOT come in peace"
#2h3IIfir3pho3nixPosted 5/13/2014 9:31:12 AM
Agreed. I bought a PS4 at launch for multiple reasons, but one of the reasons I didn't go X1 was because of Kinect. Now that it's out, I am very interested in picking up the system. I'm still going to wait and see what games they have planned for it though, and I will probably wait until they announce a slim model next year or the year later, but overall I am very excited about the news.
---
"Spilt Mountain Dew on my Xbox :( What can I do?" -natevines
"Hit the undew button" -DetectiveDoom
#3spacejamjordanzPosted 5/13/2014 9:32:18 AM
Exactly. I have seen a lot more people being interested in purchasing an Xbox One. How is that not good news?
---
"You know you've spotted a fanboy when they simply can not concede that anything is worthwhile on the other console"~ Evel138
#4cmincPosted 5/13/2014 9:33:37 AM
I know, right? **** seems like it just got F'ing real. Quick!
---
MSI Z87-G45 | I7-4771 Turbo | GTX 770 4GB GDDR5 | Corsair HX 850W |
Kingston Hyper X 8GB DDR3 | Seagate 1TB 128 MB Cache HD | RS Challenger Case |
#5Exodus_PrimePosted 5/13/2014 9:35:30 AM
E3 is going to be pretty awesome, Microsoft announced all these news to make room for game announcements at E3. Can't wait to see Sony's and Microsoft's presentation.
---
"Trolls are the dudebros of Gamefaqs. They just don't realize it." - curtland
Xbox One-PlayStation 4-Xbox 360-PS3-Vita
#6pblimp360Posted 5/13/2014 9:36:00 AM
supermoc10 posted...
I'm of course talking about Microsoft's decision to release a Kinectless SKU for the Xbox One. First of all, that just means I'll buy an Xbox One sooner rather than later probably this (probably this June). However, it's obvious this a competition-driven move by MS (which once again shows why competition is crucial to the gaming industry) which means that we'll probably see something from Sony to try to get an advantage on MS again. Maybe they'll announce more games than planned at E3 (and more AAA). Finally, this also means that MS announced this now to make room for game announcements at E3 which is simply fantastic.

It's a great time to be a gamer!

Wise man. We need more people like you here. Competition is good and you're right, with this outta the way now, they can keep the major focus on the games.

Of course trolls will turn them changing things for the better into another idiotic round of mockery.
---
Death isn't the exit of existence. It's the entrance into eternity. R.I.P Zora Nelson 3/6/13 Forever loved
#7universaldavePosted 5/13/2014 9:37:38 AM
Sony, as a corporation, is failing badly. The PS4 is it's lone bright spot and they can't weaken that by responding with their own price cut--or some kind of "additional freebies". As for games there won't be anything new popping up just because of this news.

No, Sony just has to stay the course and trumpet that it has the better hardware. That will keep it going just fine, probably, but their lead is definitely going to diminish.
---
Fanboys (of all stripes) are sad, pathetic, souls. You know who you are.
#8supermoc10(Topic Creator)Posted 5/13/2014 10:42:21 PM
bump
---
PSN & Xbox Live: supermoc10
"Mr Zurkon does NOT come in peace"
#9lunaticcorePosted 5/13/2014 10:45:39 PM
I am surprised they went ahead and pushed the GWG announcements out before E3. I really expected them to pull a "you can get a free game right now, surprise!" type of thing.

They have pulled that stunt before, they did it when the originally announced GWG and gave away Fable 3.
---
--- Chilling and Killing 11 (Punching Titans) on youtube.
http://youtu.be/q4p7NCm7fng
#10Millertime660Posted 5/13/2014 10:49:12 PM
lunaticcore posted...
I am surprised they went ahead and pushed the GWG announcements out before E3. I really expected them to pull a "you can get a free game right now, surprise!" type of thing.

They have pulled that stunt before, they did it when the originally announced GWG and gave away Fable 3.

I was also extremely surprised and excited about this. Im sure they will give a quick GWG eshout out, but now it wont take up too much time.