Xbox Live Gold Subscription Details. Keep games on 360 Not On Xbox One

#1Exodus_PrimePosted 5/13/2014 9:46:35 AM
Games available on Xbox One via the program require a Gold membership to play, which isn't the case for Games with Gold on Xbox 360. Microsoft says that "members will have subscription-based access to free games ranging from top hits to breaking indie stars.

From the article. In case people are still confused about it.

Xbox 360 - Gold account needed to download Games With Gold (you get to keep them)

Xbox One - Gold account needed to download games based on subscription (you keep them as long as your sub is active)

At least that's my understanding.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/05/13/games-with-gold-for-june-2014-includes-xbox-one
---
"Trolls are the dudebros of Gamefaqs. They just don't realize it." - curtland
Xbox One-PlayStation 4-Xbox 360-PS3-Vita
#2pblimp360Posted 5/13/2014 9:56:54 AM
Sounds okay to me, especially with the limited library for now. They have to ensure their benefit in some way after all.I'd bet money we'll be able to keep them later in the future though.
---
Death isn't the exit of existence. It's the entrance into eternity. R.I.P Zora Nelson 3/6/13 Forever loved
#3richdmoorePosted 5/13/2014 9:59:45 AM
They probably prohibit it somehow, but can I "purchase" the free xbox one game, and not download it as I don't have an xbox one yet.

My plan would be to collect the games on my account, and finally download/play them after I purchase an Xbox one on a year or two. (Right now I have a huge backlog of Xbox 360 games to finish before upgrading to a new system.)
#4PokemonYoutubePosted 5/13/2014 10:00:37 AM
So it's basically exactly like Playstation Plus.
---
www.youtube.com/GeneralSecura YouTube Let's Player
3DS FC: 0018-0730-4057 / In-game name: Jos / Pokemon X/Y Friend Safari: Shuppet, Phantump, Golurk
#5SnoicFactorPosted 5/13/2014 10:00:57 AM
It's good if it improves the games they add.
---
nt
#6pblimp360Posted 5/13/2014 10:01:38 AM
SnoicFactor posted...
It's good if it improves the games they add.

Get outta here with this. The games they've been giving have been legit great.
---
Death isn't the exit of existence. It's the entrance into eternity. R.I.P Zora Nelson 3/6/13 Forever loved
#7AceAndJunpeiPosted 5/13/2014 10:27:20 AM
I'm okay with this.

I'd rather keep the good 360 games like Dark Souls than Max whatever.
---
Now Reading: The Poop That Took a Pee
#8pblimp360Posted 5/13/2014 10:28:46 AM
AceAndJunpei posted...
I'm okay with this.

Max and the Curse of Brotherhood is a great little game though.
---
#9SparkItUpPosted 5/13/2014 10:30:41 AM
Exodus_Prime posted...
Games available on Xbox One via the program require a Gold membership to play, which isn't the case for Games with Gold on Xbox 360. Microsoft says that "members will have subscription-based access to free games ranging from top hits to breaking indie stars.

From the article. In case people are still confused about it.

Xbox 360 - Gold account needed to download Games With Gold (you get to keep them)

Xbox One - Gold account needed to download games based on subscription (you keep them as long as your sub is active)

At least that's my understanding.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/05/13/games-with-gold-for-june-2014-includes-xbox-one

So essentially they are switching to the PS+ model (not saying that as a bad thing)
#10AceAndJunpeiPosted 5/13/2014 10:34:07 AM
pblimp360 posted...
AceAndJunpei posted...
I'm okay with this.

Max and the Curse of Brotherhood is a great little game though.

Well, I'm definitely going to play it in June, I'm just not as upset about losing it if my subscription expires.
---
Now Reading: The Poop That Took a Pee