Now that the price parity is gone, exclusive software will truly decide this gen

#21googlerPosted 5/14/2014 9:05:20 AM
There's still the hardware parity. MS really needs to put its money where its mouth is considering power was part of why many of us went to xbox
---
Gamer tag: F TANK
#22youngunner2123Posted 5/14/2014 9:35:33 AM
EvilTrash posted...
youngunner2123 posted...
Hey TC nice lists there.

But Dynasty Warriors 8 was released on 360 so not really a ps4 exclusive

And Titanfall is on 360, but you didn't complain about him including that as an XB1 exclusive?

Did you not read any other posts??

He corrected himself by stating Dynasty Warriors XL

Titanfall?? Oh that can still be exclusive as its not on a Sony console. So what's your point again?
---
Your arms are too short to box with GOD!!!
#23Ramsus082Posted 5/14/2014 10:14:29 AM
No, multiplatform titles will. They sell better than exclusives over the course of a generation.
---
"Exclusives MIGHT look better on the PS4. Multiplatform games will look identical." - You
#24TyrantLowKeyPosted 5/14/2014 10:20:17 AM
True that TC. Once I realized that there was NOTHING on the XB1 I wanted to play, I realized I can just save the $400 for games on my PS4 and Wii U. Of course there will be those that say that about the PS4 so now it truly is a competition of games and exclusives as opposed to kinect/XBL costs/games w/ gold/etc.
---
All time favs: FFX Int., FFXIII, Shadow Heart Series, SMT: Noctrn, BD (3DS), ToS, ToGF, TotA, ToX, FFT, Xenogears, Chrono Trigger, ARF (Wii), LO (360), TO (PSP)
#25NavexPosted 5/14/2014 10:22:40 AM
FFXIV is PS4 only? Pft that blows, oh well. I guess making more money is not part of SE's agenda as no matter what Sony paid them for the exclusivity it would be menial compared to what they would make being cross platform.
---
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/kungfury/kung-fury
#26BaronVladz(Topic Creator)Posted 5/14/2014 10:27:56 AM
Navex posted...
FFXIV is PS4 only? Pft that blows, oh well. I guess making more money is not part of SE's agenda as no matter what Sony paid them for the exclusivity it would be menial compared to what they would make being cross platform.

You do realize that it was because Sony has been the third largest shareholder for over a decade right? Since they recently sold the shares, you should be able to play the next FF on other platforms as well.

http://mmgn.com/ps4/news--sony-has-sold-its-share-in-square-enix
#27bolomd_basicPosted 5/14/2014 11:22:40 AM
Was price ever really an issue on this? It was just $100, and you got something for it.

The problem with the Xbox Ones was that there are no good exclusive games, they were shipping broken, and they were charging to use stuff like Netflix, a paywall.

As much as I generally prefer the Sony's systems in the past, I just HAVE to get Forza5 with a driving wheel. There is nothing as good on the sony systems. I pretty much buy Microsoft systems for the Forza series. I am just waiting for them to work the kinks out, and for the system to "settle." And as long as personal favorites like Devil May Cry and Resident Evil come out for Xbox too, now that Xbox One plays Blu Ray, I don't htink that I am going to need a PS4.

The Wii U is failing because there NO games. Seriously. Just the 1 or 2 Nintendo made games that come out a year. Hardly anything third party. I bought one and it has been sitting useless since Ninja Gaiden. I can't even sell it on Craigslist without making it so cheap that I'd rather keep it.
#28Juzten76Posted 5/14/2014 11:44:57 AM
DRzCalderon posted...
Actually Multi-platforms always decide gen. And as long as the PS4 has the superior versions I don't see this price parity being quite fair in my opinion. At leas to me.

My top 5 games of last gen are all Multi-platforms:
1. Red Dead Redemption
2. Mass Effect 2
3. Batman Arkham City
4. Dark Souls
5. Borderlands 2

Lol. No.
---
"demoes are dumb anyway. just buy the game. solves that." - The Village Idiot
#29RaRitsujunPosted 5/14/2014 5:48:59 PM
KainFourteh posted...
Meaning Xbox is still screwed.

---
18735 XBL Gamerscores | 49 PSN Platinums - Level 26 | 7101 AppleGC pts
Demon's Souls and DARK SOULS are the real videogames.
#30pblimp360Posted 5/14/2014 5:50:57 PM
XtremeWRATH360 posted...
purchasing a console should always be about the games, not gimmicks or power. The games make the system

QFT
---
Death isn't the exit of existence. It's the entrance into eternity. R.I.P Zora Nelson 3/6/13 Forever loved