Now that the price parity is gone, exclusive software will truly decide this gen

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Now that the price parity is gone, exclusive software will truly decide this gen
1 year ago#31
DRzCalderon posted...
Actually Multi-platforms always decide gen. And as long as the PS4 has the superior versions I don't see this price parity being quite fair in my opinion. At leas to me.

My top 5 games of last gen are all Multi-platforms:
1. Red Dead Redemption
2. Mass Effect 2
3. Batman Arkham City
4. Dark Souls
5. Borderlands 2

^ this exactly. Multiplats make up the vast majority of the games that come out on consoles and provide the best way to compare the consoles as far as performance. Exclusives are simply icing on the cake to be slowly licked off.
1 year ago#32
GIare posted...
SearchmanV16 posted...
Don't forget multiplatforms since the X1 has weaker hardware :).

Now that the Kinect is gone there is about 10% extra space for power.

Xbox developers are planning on using that space to improve graphical issue to be on par with PS4.

False...the 10% space is still reserved. It is done for those that may eventually get Kinect.
1 year ago#33
SparkItUp posted...
GIare posted...
SearchmanV16 posted...
Don't forget multiplatforms since the X1 has weaker hardware :).

Now that the Kinect is gone there is about 10% extra space for power.

Xbox developers are planning on using that space to improve graphical issue to be on par with PS4.

False...the 10% space is still reserved. It is done for those that may eventually get Kinect.

Of course the 10% is still reserved, but it doesn't mean that a game that doesn't use Kinect can't get those resources back while it is running now. Phil Spencer hinted at that in an interview with Kotaku recently.

Think about it this way: While playing Titanfall fullscreen, you likely don't need Kinect at all except for maybe some voice commands. So while Titanfall is being played, the game can take those resources. Then, when Titanfall is quit or put in the background, the system can give those resources back to Kinect in case you want to use gesture or start up a Kinect game.
---
"You guys can sig that if you want." -TheArcade
1 year ago#34
Sow what your saying is when MS stops making new IPs a few years into the life of the console just like they did last gent he ps4 will dominate it even more?
1 year ago#35
SparkItUp posted...
DRzCalderon posted...
Actually Multi-platforms always decide gen. And as long as the PS4 has the superior versions I don't see this price parity being quite fair in my opinion. At leas to me.

1. Red Dead Redemption
2. Mass Effect 2
3. Batman Arkham City
4. Dark Souls
5. Borderlands 2

^ this exactly. Multiplats make up the vast majority of the games that come out on consoles and provide the best way to compare the consoles as far as performance. Exclusives are simply icing on the cake to be slowly licked off.

didn't Wii sell the most last gen? with the worst hardware and multiplats

didn't Xbox sell less than PS2? but had superior hardware and multiplats
1 year ago#36
EastCoastKody posted...
SparkItUp posted...
DRzCalderon posted...

1. Red Dead Redemption
2. Mass Effect 2
3. Batman Arkham City
4. Dark Souls
5. Borderlands 2

The wii also had the family and children market locked down. They still had tons of 3rd party games a lot of which never came out on other platforms. Also the original xbox never came out until much later then the ps2. And even then the ps2 still had more games coming out for it.
1 year ago#37
I hate buzz words. How many more months do I need to read "parity" over/misused?
---
INTEL 533MHZ PIII 512k/133, ALL-IN-Wonder 128 Pro AGP, 128MB SDRAM, Sound Blaster 32AWE, 47GB Elite SCSI, Win98
1 year ago#38
Homie_202 posted...
EastCoastKody posted...
SparkItUp posted...
DRzCalderon posted...

1. Red Dead Redemption
2. Mass Effect 2
3. Batman Arkham City
4. Dark Souls
5. Borderlands 2

The wii also had the family and children market locked down. They still had tons of 3rd party games a lot of which never came out on other platforms. Also the original xbox never came out until much later then the ps2. And even then the ps2 still had more games coming out for it.

those sound like excuses.

even take Wii out the equation.....360 & PS3 ended up in a tie.

and 360 had the better multiplats
1 year ago#39
Homie_202 posted...
EastCoastKody posted...
SparkItUp posted...
DRzCalderon posted...

1. Red Dead Redemption
2. Mass Effect 2
3. Batman Arkham City
4. Dark Souls
5. Borderlands 2

The original xbox came out a year after the PS2. About the same time it took for the PS3 to release after the 360.
---
GT: CynicalRaptor26//PSN: DuodecimKnight//
FC: 2981-6641-9175// NNID: RaptorCats//
1 year ago#40
EastCoastKody posted...
Homie_202 posted...
EastCoastKody posted...
SparkItUp posted...
DRzCalderon posted...

1. Red Dead Redemption
2. Mass Effect 2
3. Batman Arkham City
4. Dark Souls
5. Borderlands 2

those sound like excuses.

even take Wii out the equation.....360 & PS3 ended up in a tie.

and 360 had the better multiplats

Actually the ps3 sold more not by a ton but still more. It also had a year less on the market. And yes the 360 had some better multiplats most were identical. But the ps3 had the better looking exclusives. That's not the case this gen on the ps4 EVERYTHING looks better not just exclusives. And the wii thing may sound like an "excuse" but it's true it would have done nearly as well if it wasn't marketed as the family console. And I don't see how the xbox coming out years later is an "excuse". They lost last gen with a year head start and that was their second console. How in the world would they win releasing a year after the ps2 and having little to no fanbase console wise behind them.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Now that the price parity is gone, exclusive software will truly decide this gen

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived